Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Just built the PC and its still the same. EZ upade keep telling me theres 3 things to update, but it shows nothing.

New ROGer Array

Same here, says 3 updates available but nothing shows when I click connect. I've updated everything including the bios from the Asus website...

New ROGer Array

Same here

Just finished building my RIG, and exact same thing, 3 updates but nothing showing up to update.

New ROGer Array

I have the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by MuchyCZ View Post
    Just built the PC and its still the same. EZ upade keep telling me theres 3 things to update, but it shows nothing.
    Figured it out. Ignore the LAN driver. It's a glitch I believe and the three are the Daemon Tools, Kaspersky, and WinRar downloads you can obtain through Grid update. I wish it would allow us to ignore those. I will never use any of them.

New ROGer Array

3 Mystery Updates

Quote Originally Posted by David369 View Post
    Same here, says 3 updates available but nothing shows when I click connect. I've updated everything including the bios from the Asus website...

The three mystery updates are Daemon Tools, Kaspersky and WinRar

New ROGer Array

Losing its shine ,first event

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCreep1 View Post
    I keep getting this thing called EZ Update popping in my screen telling me that I have a new update. I click Connect and the EZ Update tells me that there is a new update called ( Intel Chipset driver 10.1.1.44 . The current version of the Intel Chipset driver that I have install in my computer is version 10.1.1.40 . Here is the problem every time I hit the Update button EZ Update acts like it is updating to the latest version and even tells me after supposedly finishing installing the latest version of the driver, it tells me that the updates has finished. I close EZ update and go and check and i'm still stuck with version 10.1.1.40 and not version 10.1.1.44 EZ update did nothing and never updated to the latest driver version and in top of that EZ update keeps popping in my screen telling me that I have an update but every time I try to update it never updates to the latest version
    I'm not usually a poster but with this specific time i am having this issue with the insistence of Ez update recurring Intel chipset driver version 10.1.1.40 and where i did actually get this driver installed requiring the already installed chipset driver from new to be uninstalled specifically installing the new driver before restarting the machine .....(say no to restart after uninstalling the old one in device manager and go ahead and install the new one ).This way Ez updater recognises as does windows the new driver installed upon restarting .

Unfortunately my symptoms of my new Rog Maximus x Hero machine not identifying usb devices and thus failing to give them a name if at all they are recognised was still not solved .I was hoping the usb identification enabling correct drivers to be updated and installed was this Intel chipset issue but seemingly it isnt AND WINDOWS AUTOMATICALLY REVERSED THE ADVISED UPDATE BY EZ UPDATER AND REINSTALLED THE OLD CHIPSET DRIVER THAT WAS INSTALLED UPON FRESH INSTALL OF WINDOWS.

I dont know if this inability to recognise some USB devices even miss recognising them as other vertual devices......is a motherboard Assus problem /Intel recognising issue ,as according to their site they are from Nov 2018 changing over to a range of different type of drivers advising not to roll back drivers once updated to the new type.
    Or this could be a windows thing not up to speed with the changing geographic variant of new set of drivers .

Its beaten me and i'm going to ditch the Logitech game controller pad i am having issue with and buy an xbox one controller .Doesnt half take the shine off a new investment when you can't get it to do what your old computer could do all day long .

New ROGer Array

I have the same issue.
    The problem doesn't seem to be with the EZ updater but Windows 10. My issue is with the Intel Lan driver

I went and downloaded the intel lan drivers directly from Intels site (latest as of today are 23.9). When I updated the drivers, the driver date changes but the version stays the same (12.184.6 which I'm assuming is the same version it's showing for everyone else)

I tried to force the drivers in through powershell, but it still didn't work (if anyone else wants to give it a shot here's the script)

First, I disabled auto install drivers in the OS by going to Control Panel -> system -> advanced system settings -> Hardware tab -> Device Installation settings. The reason for this is because as soon as I would uninstall the driver, Windows would immediately reinstall the older version. Next, I uninstalled the existing drivers as well as deleted the current version then ran powershell as an admin, go to the folderpath that you extract the downloaded drivers, copy and paste the path in the quotes (leave the quotes there) and run the script. After it finished injecting the drivers, I went to device manager and ran a scan for hardware changes. The network adapter reappeared but the version number still wasn't updated. Maybe it'll work for other versions of Win 10? I'm on Win 10 Pro 1809.

Get-ChildItem "path to driver folder" -Recurse -Filter "*inf" | ForEach-Object { PNPUtil.exe /add-driver $_.FullName /install }

What I also noticed on Intel's site at the bottom of the 22.6 release version (which is the version that EZ update is trying to update me to) is that there are Windows updates that may cause issues when installing.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...te-Driver-Pack
    "Windows® 10 updates may cause driver installation issues

This issue is resolved in Microsoft Hot Fix*. See the Microsoft Support* sites:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10: March 8, 2016
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: March 1, 2016"

The expected symptoms are the driver install will time out and retry 4x (which i'm not experiencing) so I don't think this has anything to do with it but I'm just sharing the info.

In a nutshell, what I'm seeing is the driver date updates, driver files update, but the driver version number doesn't seem to update and because the version number doesn't update, the EZ update triggers a false positive to an update. At this point, I'm going to ignore the ez updater or I might just disable it altogether.

To those of you that are getting prompted for an update but nothing to update, as others said earlier, it's Kaspersky, Daemon tools, and winrar. These software packages were offered to install from the Grid which you most likely opted out of. That is something I would suggest is a bug in EZ update. It should not prompt for software that's not installed.
    Last edited by samf1984; 02-17-2019 at 07:36 PM.

New ROGer Array

Also Told 3 updates, but nothing showing.

I wish that someone would either fix the problem or explain why it can't be fixed.

ROG Member Array matbry01 PC Specs
    matbry01 PC Specs
    Motherboardmaximus XI code
    Processori7 9700K o.c to 5ghz
    Memory (part number)32G corsair vengeance pro RGB 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1nvidia RTX 2070 super
    Sound Cardn/a
    Storage #1samsung 970 pro 512G m.2 X2 raid 0
    Storage #2seagate barracuda 3TB
    CPU Coolerfull ek custom loop supermercy + vector.
    Casecorsair crystal 570X RGB
    Power Supplycorsair 850 full modular
    Keyboard corsair k70 2.0
    Mouse roccat kova
    Headset astro a50
    Mouse Pad corsair desk pad
    OS windows 10 1903

same never worked saying I have 5 updates :/

ROG Enthusiast Array Sedare PC Specs
    Sedare PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero X470
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR (4 sticks)
    Graphics Card #1Galax GTX 970 HOF
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster X7 (external Amp/DAC)
    MonitorACER XB270HU 27" G-Sync Monitor
    Storage #1WD Black 500GB NVMe PCI-e SSD
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB NVMe PCI-e SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB C6H Monoblock
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Senheiser GSP600
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Headset/Speakers E-MU XM7 Bookshelf Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87R

For me, it constantly wants to update the Intel LAN Driver even after I do it . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast