cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS EZ UPDATE Software not updating drivers

AngryCreep1
Level 7
I keep getting this thing called EZ Update popping in my screen telling me that I have a new update. I click Connect and the EZ Update tells me that there is a new update called ( Intel Chipset driver 10.1.1.44 . The current version of the Intel Chipset driver that I have install in my computer is version 10.1.1.40 . Here is the problem every time I hit the Update button EZ Update acts like it is updating to the latest version and even tells me after supposedly finishing installing the latest version of the driver, it tells me that the updates has finished. I close EZ update and go and check and i'm still stuck with version 10.1.1.40 and not version 10.1.1.44 EZ update did nothing and never updated to the latest driver version and in top of that EZ update keeps popping in my screen telling me that I have an update but every time I try to update it never updates to the latest version
25 REPLIES 25

lazyd
Level 7
In my case it says I have 3 updates but doesn't show the updates 😄

lazyd wrote:
In my case it says I have 3 updates but doesn't show the updates 😄

same problem here

jewie27
Level 7
same. any solutions?
New ROG PC built Nov 2011:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Intel Core I5-2500K
(2) EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked in SLI
Corsair 600T
Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooling
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair Force 3 128GB SSD for boot drive
8GB Red Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 Mhz 9-9-9-24
1.5 TB Western Digital Caviar Black
Asus 12x Blu-Ray Writer

Built my first PC at age 12, Pentium III @ 450 Mhz.

katlani
Level 9
The EZ Update software have never showed any updates for any system I had.. I literally have no idea how and when it's supposed to work.

I wish that ASUS would strongly utilize this utility to easily update every firmware/driver/software.. and not force us to manually install updates under absurd procedures (using removal tools)

Meh who am I kidding, it's never gonna happen.

mine says updates are available but yet none are on the list..cant click on anything either..wtf

JustinThyme
Level 13
This has never worked for me. I just check now and then or any updates.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

travisandcarrie
Level 7
So they
er just going to ignore this thread and not fix it? Are they going to tell us to use the asus grid service...yet still pump out ez update. This is all getting to be a little ridiculous. We pay a premium for ROG and one of the sell factors are the software we get for being members of the ROG...BS. Their software is junk and they know it...they're too busy making cell phones to fix their software for their dedicated members. Even their Armoury software for their mice and keyboards is junk. My ROG Spatha has needed a firmware update forever and the newest version refuses to recognise the fact. They know its doing this...yet still no fix. I have EVERYTHING ROG...including their new 144hz 4k panel, but I can only use half the software. I will definantly be going with MSI next build I do for some...or maybe Aorus line up. Shame on you ASUS for selling broken garbage half working software with your products and trying to convince us thats one of the reasons we pay the premium.

travisandcarriekinnett wrote:
So they
er just going to ignore this thread and not fix it? Are they going to tell us to use the asus grid service...yet still pump out ez update. This is all getting to be a little ridiculous. We pay a premium for ROG and one of the sell factors are the software we get for being members of the ROG...BS. Their software is junk and they know it...they're too busy making cell phones to fix their software for their dedicated members. Even their Armoury software for their mice and keyboards is junk. My ROG Spatha has needed a firmware update forever and the newest version refuses to recognise the fact. They know its doing this...yet still no fix. I have EVERYTHING ROG...including their new 144hz 4k panel, but I can only use half the software. I will definantly be going with MSI next build I do for some...or maybe Aorus line up. Shame on you ASUS for selling broken garbage half working software with your products and trying to convince us thats one of the reasons we pay the premium.

That is par for the Course with ASUS, if it shows you have an update feel grateful. I have twice found BIOS updates on the MoBo's web p[age that when I click on EZ Update it shows noting there. ASUS has their heads so far up their @$$ it is pitiful. I get better resources and help when asking for help on OTHER MoBo manufacturer’s pages than when talking to ASUS directly. They have some of the greatest IDEAS, but FAIL totally when it comes to implementation. I have even had talks with the CEO's office (Just another cubicle) and they don't change anything. I know 14 yr olds that know more about ASUS equipment than their CS dept. I used to work as a CS agent for a international electronics company (store) and we had to know our devices that we sold (many different manufacturers) but ASUS actually told me on the Phone, "it is cheaper to hire someone overseas that doesn't know anything for $9/hr than to hire someone in the USA that knows what they are doing for $30/hr" exact wording. And in that case they did everything imaginable to wiggle their way out of honoring the Warranty on a RMA to include,
1. Claiming they never received the MoBo at their facility
2. 2. When presented with FedEx’s documentation that they did receive the delivery, they claimed it was sent to the wrong facility in the wrong state.
3. When told they were the ones that gave me the shipping label for FedEx, and told they should send it to the proper facility, they claimed it was damaged
4. When asked what the damages consisted of, they didn’t know it wasn’t documented.
5. When I explained normal procedure when a company receives a damaged package, i.e. extensive photographic documentation and a written report, he claimed they turn back damaged packages.
6. When told I was never brought back an refused package. And if they never opened the original package how do they know that the MoBo was damages physically?
7. They finally sent me another USED MoBo, and who knows what spit can be found on that one, but it did fire up and so far is working.

I will never buy another ASUS product unless they grow up and fix their BNROKEN ‘Business Model’.

Kronvict
Level 9
Been having this issue as well ever since i built my rig lol.