cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a used 1080ti Strix?

algebrvh
Level 7
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this one. A one year old 1080ti for 500€, is it worth it?

Also can I use it for RMA since I don't think the seller registered it?

He says that there's a 3 year warranty from Asus, but I'm not sure what's included in that..

Every answer will be much appreciated.

Cheers!
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
algebrvh wrote:
is it worth it?

Always difficult to answer.

You can get 1080Tis for 600 euro new and have no worries about what voltage or thermals they were put through. And have full warranty.

I don't think you get to use the warranty as a third party. They will want to see a receipt with your name on it.

nickolp1974
Level 10
€500 euro is a good price, I've been looking at getting one and there going for £560-620.
As far as i'm aware Asus warranty is not transferable, so you will either need the original invoice or get the original owner to rma should a problem occur.
i9 9900K, ROG Gene XI, G.Skill 4266 and one big bucket!

Vlada011
Level 10
algebrvh wrote:
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this one. A one year old 1080ti for 500€, is it worth it?

Also can I use it for RMA since I don't think the seller registered it?

He says that there's a 3 year warranty from Asus, but I'm not sure what's included in that..

Every answer will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

I doubt have 3 years warranty except if he bought before month.
He should give you paper from GPU. There are little different depend of country where warranty is.
Don't buy GPU without paper with purchase date except as No Warranty.

If he have papers Definitely Buy GTX1080Ti Strix no matter on OC or not OC Edition.
And ask him to give you 7 days to test GPU. If she work normal and have papers he will give you.
Off course you need to pay, but if GPU not work and he refuse to back you money you should decide.
In my country police would react immediately or I would have chance to RMA but to be honest I would not use not working GPU with plan to RMA.
I would searched for another in working condition.

I just paid GTX1080Ti Poseidon 580 euro.
Maybe card worth 550 euro, but 15 people waited and was interest and I couldn't risk.
My seller explain me later, I reserve you first day, 10 people call after that to reserve, to drop price, to buy immediately, etc.

Mine is in warranty up to September 2020.

To be honest, I would rather pay GTX1080Ti 500-550 even investment of GPU block later to cost me 100 and total 650-700e I would have watercooled GPU. Better than 900 euro RTX2080 without waterblock and price with block to cost me over 1000.

Vlada011
Level 10
Here is result average, maybe someone have more maybe someone little less.
Strix OC is absolutely same performer as Poseidon, maybe even boost more on Air because it's made for Air and I don't see reason to pay 1000 GPU with similar performance.
These are FE, they are not basic clock.

ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon - 30.077 - 14.652 - 7.286
NVIDIA RTX2080 FE - 27.775 - 13.262 - 6.435
NVIDIA RTX2080Ti FT - 35.097 - 16.936 - 8280