cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1080 Ti Random GPU Fan spinning

levye
Level 7
Hi,

When i just perform daily mail & office stuff on my PC (not gaming or graphics intense work) , My GPU fans start to spin and make noise for a while.
I am checking GPU Temp and it does not change at all. In order to give a better insight, I am adding GPU Tweak II snapshot. As you can see, Temperature keeps between 31-32 however GPU fans starts to work at some points.
Any idea?

3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi,

Can you confirm there are no other tools open that are polling the device or attempting to control fan speeds?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hey, I was having the same issue with my RTX 2080ti. I found that altering the fan curve and setting the fans to start at a lower speed than idle fixed that. I run an EVGA model and after speaking with CS they confirmed that it was the only current work around to prevent that from happening.*

Running the fans at start up at only something ~20% and allowing the curve to move up from there has worked perfectly.
Hopefully this helps!*

n0va17 wrote:
Hey, I was having the same issue with my RTX 2080ti. I found that altering the fan curve and setting the fans to start at a lower speed than idle fixed that. I run an EVGA model and after speaking with CS they confirmed that it was the only current work around to prevent that from happening.*

Running the fans at start up at only something ~20% and allowing the curve to move up from there has worked perfectly.
Hopefully this helps!*

What programm have u used to change the fan speed? Because even with CAM, Afterburner or Speedfan it is at 0 RPM and it is also spinning at 100%. The temp is normal at like 30°c.

I have an "Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1080TI-O11G"

Also in the Software "GPU Tweak" it says the fan is 0% even if it is spinning at 100%. And even if i try to change it nothing happends, on a fresh new installed windows!