ROG Member Array levye PC Specs
    levye PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog Strix Z370-E
    Processori7 - 8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorLG 32GK850G-B - 32" LED Monitor - QHD G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO SSD X 2 (RAID 0)
    CPU CoolerBe Quite! Dark Rock Pro 4
    CaseFractal Define R6 Blackout TG USB-C
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G3 1000W
    Keyboard Das Keyboard
    Accessory #1 Be Quite Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM
    Accessory #2 Be Quite Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM
    Accessory #3 Be Quite Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM

GTX 1080 Ti Random GPU Fan spinning

Hi,

When i just perform daily mail & office stuff on my PC (not gaming or graphics intense work) , My GPU fans start to spin and make noise for a while.
    I am checking GPU Temp and it does not change at all. In order to give a better insight, I am adding GPU Tweak II snapshot. As you can see, Temperature keeps between 31-32 however GPU fans starts to work at some points.
    Any idea?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crazy3.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	76805

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Hi,

Can you confirm there are no other tools open that are polling the device or attempting to control fan speeds?

New ROGer Array

Hey, I was having the same issue with my RTX 2080ti. I found that altering the fan curve and setting the fans to start at a lower speed than idle fixed that. I run an EVGA model and after speaking with CS they confirmed that it was the only current work around to prevent that from happening.*

Running the fans at start up at only something ~20% and allowing the curve to move up from there has worked perfectly.
    Hopefully this helps!*

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by n0va17 View Post
    Hey, I was having the same issue with my RTX 2080ti. I found that altering the fan curve and setting the fans to start at a lower speed than idle fixed that. I run an EVGA model and after speaking with CS they confirmed that it was the only current work around to prevent that from happening.*

Running the fans at start up at only something ~20% and allowing the curve to move up from there has worked perfectly.
    Hopefully this helps!*
    What programm have u used to change the fan speed? Because even with CAM, Afterburner or Speedfan it is at 0 RPM and it is also spinning at 100%. The temp is normal at like 30°c.

I have an "Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1080TI-O11G"

Also in the Software "GPU Tweak" it says the fan is 0% even if it is spinning at 100%. And even if i try to change it nothing happends, on a fresh new installed windows!
    Last edited by Theuros; 11-16-2018 at 05:15 PM.