cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE and USB PORT: big problem with mouse. help!

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Hi, from some months I have a new PC with this hardware:

MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
CPU: Intel i9 7940X
VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti

From the first day I have alvays gotten a problem with the mouse. When I connect a memory pen or hardrive in every port (USB3 and USB2), my mouse stops or slows down its run and it is no longer manageable and I can't use the PC anymore until I unplug the pen. I have even bought a new mouse but I get the same problem. I have even updated the BIOS but I get always the same problem even if I updated the drivers of the Motherboard but I don't know if I installed the right driver. But I al sure I installed the right drivers. I'm inexperienced but my PC was built by a good technician. Thanks for your help. I am so tired about this problem.
9 REPLIES 9

FoxAdriano
Level 11
I have updated everything but I get the same problem, for this reason I'm worried.

FoxAdriano wrote:
I have updated everything but I get the same problem, for this reason I'm worried.

Can you try this :

Windows key + R > "Control Panel" > Enter key > Power Option > Change plan settings (of your current power plan) > Change advanced power settings > USB settings > USB selective suspend setting : Disabled > OK > Restart your PC

Sorry, I am not able to find "USB selective suspend setting", maybe because I am not able to find that path. I have another language. Help me please! I attach a pic: is it the right path?
Thanks

FoxAdriano wrote:
Sorry, I am not able to find "USB selective suspend setting", maybe because I am not able to find that path. I have another language. Help me please! I attach a pic: is it the right path?
Thanks

Try this way from all setting System 76817
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

FoxAdriano
Level 11
I disabled USB settings but I get the same problem. :mad: I'm sad.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Does this happen with any other devices, or is it strictly a memory pen / USB HDD?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

FoxAdriano
Level 11
It happens only with USB3 and USB2 when I connect a pen or a HDD. If I have to be sincere the problem is decreased a bit, but only a bit and it is not possible to work in the meantime USB is working. When I had a cheap PC I didn't get this problem. 😉 😉

FoxAdriano
Level 11
:mad: When I had a cheap PC I never got this problem. :mad: