cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Code - qcodes 25-29

Alcasczar
Level 7
So my new Maximus X code keeps going from qcode 25-29 constantly, I looked up the codes and basically all they say is

20 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
21 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
22 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
23 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
24 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
25 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
26 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
27 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
28 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
29 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes

RAM I have is Corsair Vengeance 3000 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W (2x 8gb) stick, they are in slots A2, B2 but I have not enabled XMP so it's running at stock speed 2133 and did verify this ram appears compatible but I assume these codes mean the board is testing the ram, or the ram or possibly faulty?

The system boots to Windows 10 just fine and ran all updates. Motherboard is the latest bios (Version 1704 2018/10/02) I am not seeing any other issues yet. Point of my post is what does these qcodes mean actually ?
9 REPLIES 9

Alcasczar
Level 7
Thanks, I'll try creating an xmp profile, yes these codes are cycling through while in the OS

Alcasczar
Level 7
Yes these codes are cycling while in Windows, I will try a XMP profile tonight when I get home 🙂 thanks.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not sure what it is you are asking - Yeah I get it you want to know what the codes mean but... You say your system boots to windows no problem, and at the same time you say the system cycles through these codes constantly.

Do try the XMP profiles and see if that brings some resolution to the cycling codes. Are these codes cycling through while you are in OS???

And specifically no I do not know what each of those codes represent besides the generic that they are part of the memory cycle. Sorry.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Alcasczar
Level 7
Yes these codes are cycling while in Windows, I will try a XMP profile tonight when I get home thanks.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You should not have to create a XMP profile. Select one of the two that are present on the memory sticks. Access in the bios. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Forum is a bit weird at the minute. I will check back later I am sure we can work out what is going on. The big thing is that your system is working and at the end of the day that is key.

Raja
Level 13
Alcasczar wrote:
So my new Maximus X code keeps going from qcode 25-29 constantly, I looked up the codes and basically all they say is

20 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
21 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
22 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
23 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
24 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
25 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
26 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
27 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
28 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
29 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes

RAM I have is Corsair Vengeance 3000 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W (2x 8gb) stick, they are in slots A2, B2 but I have not enabled XMP so it's running at stock speed 2133 and did verify this ram appears compatible but I assume these codes mean the board is testing the ram, or the ram or possibly faulty?

The system boots to Windows 10 just fine and ran all updates. Motherboard is the latest bios (Version 1704 2018/10/02) I am not seeing any other issues yet. Point of my post is what does these qcodes mean actually ?

When you're in the OS, it's likely displaying the CPU package temp. There is an option in the UEFI (Advanced>ROG Effects>Q-CODE LED Function).

Raja@ASUS wrote:
When you're in the OS, it's likely displaying the CPU package temp. There is an option in the UEFI (Advanced>ROG Effects>Q-CODE LED Function).

Nice, I want to say I enabled that but I am not sure. Brain is a little foggy today. Need more caffeeine 😛 . I do know I did disable MCE and set AVX offset to 4.

Alcasczar
Level 7
Thanks @Raja, turns out that option in the bios was set to Auto, setting it to post code goes back to just reporting A0 which is what I hoping for.

Cheers.