Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

GPU Auto Fan Curve cannot be altered with any Program (High Temps)

Hello to everyone,
    My Asus Turbo GTX 1070 Ti fan speed cannot be modified in anyway. The fan is constantly running at 24% at idle and under full load (stress test) the fan speed only increases to 53% with temperatures of 82% before I stop the test. I have tried using Afterburner and GPUTweak2 to set up manual fan curves, but they get ignored.
    If I put the fan speed in manual with the above programs and try to change the speed, it stays at 24%. I bought the computer as a pre-build (ya, I know) and am trying to figure out what was altered and by who to keep the fan speed and curve locked out. There is currently no program to modify the bios of Pascal based Cards that I know of, so I cannot modify it and flash the bios. If anybody has any ideas. Please let me know.

Thanks is advance,
    Gary

Intel i7-8700k
    MSIz Z370-A Pro motherboard
    Asus Turbo GTX 1070 TI Card
    24gb Adata XPG Ram 2400Mhz
    Windows 10 64bit

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nascarguy View Post
    Hello to everyone,
    My Asus Turbo GTX 1070 Ti fan speed cannot be modified in anyway. The fan is constantly running at 24% at idle and under full load (stress test) the fan speed only increases to 53% with temperatures of 82% before I stop the test. I have tried using Afterburner and GPUTweak2 to set up manual fan curves, but they get ignored.
    If I put the fan speed in manual with the above programs and try to change the speed, it stays at 24%. I bought the computer as a pre-build (ya, I know) and am trying to figure out what was altered and by who to keep the fan speed and curve locked out. There is currently no program to modify the bios of Pascal based Cards that I know of, so I cannot modify it and flash the bios. If anybody has any ideas. Please let me know.

Thanks is advance,
    Gary

Intel i7-8700k
    Windows 10 64bit
    did you tried EVGA Precision. maybe through this software you get a control over computer fan.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Hello to everyone,

Thanks is advance,
    Gary

Intel i7-8700k
    Windows 10 64bit
    Hi, can you firstly confirm which version of GPU you have tried?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    Hi, can you firstly confirm which version of GPU you have tried?
    I used the latest version of GPUTweak2 Version 416.34

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shvachki View Post
    did you tried EVGA Precision. maybe through this software you get a control over computer fan.
    Yes, I have tried Precision also.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

I used the latest version of GPUTweak2 Version 416.34
    The fact you're unable to modify the fan curve at all is odd, can you try installing a dummy install of Windows 10 on another drive and see if the problem persists?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    The fact you're unable to modify the fan curve at all is odd, can you try installing a dummy install of Windows 10 on another drive and see if the problem persists?
    I'm sorry, but I don't think I have the means or knowledge to do that. *My conclusion to my problem is that since I bought the computer as a pre-build, the assembling company altered either the gpu or motherboard bios to lock out any manipulation of the fan profile. The purpose of this is that they didn't want people frying the card and then going back to the company for a replacement under that companies warranty. *I have a feeling I would either have to flash the card bios and the motherboard bios to get them back to original settings. That's a big chance I don't want to take. *I guess I'll have to remove the side cover and blow on the GPU every 5 minutes or so.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Vlada011 PC Specs
    Vlada011 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V E10 (BIOS 1903)
    ProcessorIntel®i7-5820K (4.5GHz 1.325V)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorSamsung P2450H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB/WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK RGB Monoblock RVE10
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 WXC
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

I can't believe that some company locked GPU Fan on max 53% to protect her from something.
    Companies have no right to do that, they could lock pre-build computers and stop customers to add new hardware or replace during warranty period.
    But intervention in BIOS is against all rules. Customers have full right to use hardware 100% as manufacturers advertised.

Maybe control die on PCB.

ROG Member Array

It just occurred to me that I did change the power supply from a cheap no-name 500 watt to an evga supernova G3 750 watt Gold. Could this have affected anything?*

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Thomas extreme gamer PC Specs
    Thomas extreme gamer PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel Core™ i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
    Graphics Card #1GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 970 PRO
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360 6x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM
    CaseView 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition 6x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W
    Keyboard ROG Horus GK2000 RGB
    Mouse ROG Sica
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    OS Windows 10 pro 64 bit (1903)
    Accessory #1 custom built pc from AVADirect

Hello to everyone,

Thanks is advance,
    Gary

Intel i7-8700k
    Windows 10 64bit
    Try resetting your pc. **https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...all-windows-10
    Very odd that you cannot control GPU fan. Please reply if this helps or not. 😁

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast