cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the USB-xHCI-Hostcontroller

capoj
Level 7
Dear Community

I've already searched through the forum posts and the internet about this problem, some of them stated actually the same, but there has never been an actual solution proposed to this problem.

I'm having trouble with my ASUS ROG STRIX z370-f, which was perfectly fine, but after a reboot all USB's except for one USB 3 aren't working properly. I've been searching on the internet for resolving the problem for almost a week by now and still couldn't find a solution.

It does say in the device manager, that the USB-xHCI-Hostcontroller has a code 10, but even after a clean install of windows I wasn't able to solve the problem.
I also resetted the CMOS in case something in the BIOS should've changed, still not effect.

Additionally to the USB problem, my computer doesn't shut down anymore when I tell him to. It stays in idle mode for the whole time the power supply is connected.
Also when in BIOS, A USB stick or similar does not get recognized by BIOS either...
About the specs:

Asus ROG STRIX Z370-f
Intel i7 8700
16 GB Ram (Corsair)
H700i (case)
Sadly my water cooler does not get recognized aswell, since it is connected via a USB....

I would be glad if anyone would share their experiences or even workarounds to get this done. Otherwise there's nothing more left than returning the board...

Best regards
Capoj
8 REPLIES 8

capoj
Level 7
Still no one? Guess I'll just send it back in then.

I have the same problem....

If you found a solution, please tell me....

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Have you tried removing all USB devices then adding them back one-by-one to see if it s a device that is misbehaving?

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

EuroSpex
Level 7
I have the same issue as well and haven't been able to resolve it as well.

capoj wrote:
Dear Community

I've already searched through the forum posts and the internet about this problem, some of them stated actually the same, but there has never been an actual solution proposed to this problem.

I'm having trouble with my ASUS ROG STRIX z370-f, which was perfectly fine, but after a reboot all USB's except for one USB 3 aren't working properly. I've been searching on the internet for resolving the problem for almost a week by now and still couldn't find a solution.

It does say in the device manager, that the USB-xHCI-Hostcontroller has a code 10, but even after a clean install of windows I wasn't able to solve the problem.
I also resetted the CMOS in case something in the BIOS should've changed, still not effect.

Additionally to the USB problem, my computer doesn't shut down anymore when I tell him to. It stays in idle mode for the whole time the power supply is connected.
Also when in BIOS, A USB stick or similar does not get recognized by BIOS either...
About the specs:

Asus ROG STRIX Z370-f
Intel i7 8700
16 GB Ram (Corsair)
H700i (case)
Sadly my water cooler does not get recognized aswell, since it is connected via a USB....

I would be glad if anyone would share their experiences or even workarounds to get this done. Otherwise there's nothing more left than returning the board...

Best regards
Capoj

Jesseinsf
Level 10
What I've read before was that your USB interface may have shorted out some or all Circuits related to the USB Interface. This can happen due to cheap cables, static zapping it, Motherboard defect or any misuse.

Jesseinsf wrote:
What I've read before was that your USB interface may have shorted out some or all Circuits related to the USB Interface. This can happen due to cheap cables, static zapping it, Motherboard defect or any misuse.

If in case those are the issues, Will there be any way to fix these issues in any service centers or so, or have to get new motherboard ?

In my case, there is a "USB3.1 Gen2" port and its working and rest of them are not working....I have pluged USB hub to that port and started contuning my work with keyboard and mouse..but cpu is not getting shutdown, what might be the issue for system shutdown..

and if i get a PCie USB Expansion card will that work fine ?

nani2109 wrote:
If in case those are the issues, Will there be any way to fix these issues in any service centers or so, or have to get new motherboard ?

In my case, there is a "USB3.1 Gen2" port and its working and rest of them are not working....I have pluged USB hub to that port and started contuning my work with keyboard and mouse..but cpu is not getting shutdown, what might be the issue for system shutdown..

and if i get a PCie USB Expansion card will that work fine ?

I would get a hands-on second opinion just to be sure. Whether it is the Motherboard or not, the Technician can tell you whether it is cheaper to get another motherboard or not. In the end, it will be your decision on what to do. If you can, try to pick a service center that will do free diagnostics. If you prefer not to do the technician route then I would get a 1X PCIe USB expansion card, but keep in mind that all ports on a 1X card will share the 1X PCie speed. Anyway, I hope it's just a quick inexpensive fix.

josuecas
Level 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDQ_Umi9Pc this one works perfect for me