cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neat little installation update

Hopper64
Level 15
Had no idea this was coming:

https://www.techpowerup.com/248827/asus-z390-motherboards-automatically-push-software-into-your-wind...
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
6 REPLIES 6

SirWaWa
Level 7
the whole entire asus z390 line or certain ones?

SirWaWa wrote:
the whole entire asus z390 line or certain ones?

Hi,

I think so only the Maximus XI (because only the Maximus XI have Armoury Crate apps), Strix Z390, PRIME Z390 & TUF Z390 are not concerned for now.

mikeblunt2020
Level 7
Hopper64 wrote:
Had no idea this was coming:

https://www.techpowerup.com/248827/asus-z390-motherboards-automatically-push-software-into-your-wind...

Not sure how I feel about this. Asus, while having some of the most talented hardware designers out there, has got to produce some of the worst software I have ever had the displeasure of working with. I wouldn’t want this installing any of the proprietary Asus garbage on any of my new builds.

mikeblunt2020 wrote:
Not sure how I feel about this. Asus, while having some of the most talented hardware designers out there, has got to produce some of the worst software I have ever had the displeasure of working with. I wouldn’t want this installing any of the proprietary Asus garbage on any of my new builds.

Anyway, they give you the possibility to disable all this :

mikeblunt2020 wrote:

I couldn't agree more. It's time to spend some cash on your programming department ASUS.

SirWaWa
Level 7
it's good enough to get your system up and running but it won't be the lastest and greatest (sooner or later)
this will just unnecessary add to your already probably bloated or soon to be driver store