cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Microphone has weird issues..

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Anyone know issues with the Microphone on the G752 series? Or if there's any Microphone issues with Win10 itself?

I just recorded a sound that has a steady rise in volume..

Yet the Microphone picked nothing up until a certain volume, which was quite loud.

To me this sounds like.. noise cancellation, or some sort of threshold in sensing the voice.. but the problem is, I exclusively use Push to Talk with Steam, Discord, etc..

I installed the ReakTek driver "Audio_Realtek_CFL_W10_64_V6018443"

Which apparently isn't for the G752 but it's the best driver that doesn't have the bug where the volume keeps snapping back to 54%.

Anyone know what to do to fix this silly 'threshold' with the mic's noise pickup?
9 REPLIES 9

jdfrench3
Level 12
If you are running Windows 10 version 1809, then I would wait until Microsoft and Realtek work out their problems. Right now there are a number of audio issues with both. Agree 8443 seems to be best for G752VS now.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Darnassus
Status Under Review
jdfrench3 wrote:
If you are running Windows 10 version 1809, then I would wait until Microsoft and Realtek work out their problems. Right now there are a number of audio issues with both. Agree 8443 seems to be best for G752VS now.

REALLY!! May I have some.. sauce.. with that tasty information?

It doesn't suprise me, how annoying though. I was dreading that this be the case and hoped it'd simply be a driver issue or a setting I need to fix.

Damn.

Yes I'm on 1809.

I just wish the G752 had a mouse pad driver for Windows 8.1 I would be using that OS instead of 10.. stupid garbage.

Have you checked the Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar programs? They seem to be affected as well.
Homebuilt Windows Server

Darnassus
Status Under Review
jdfrench3 wrote:
Have you checked the Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar programs? They seem to be affected as well.

I fresh installed and don't use those.

So.. sauce? ;d

Hello,

Same weir issue with G752vm. Noise suppression disabled. No solution found !
It's a disaster for team speaking !!

I'm tired of spending time to solve drivers issues using tricks and workaround with my Asus.
Always the same story.

I fixed my G752VSK by installing the Realtek audio software from the eSupport Folder, then updating that software to what I was running before the Windows update.

Everything returned to normal after this action.

I find Realtek software version 6018443, my sweat spot.

Good Luck.
Homebuilt Windows Server

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Can anyone confirm they have the same problem too and I'm not the only one? I'm beginning to think it's a defective microphone..

This is me going.. "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

But this is how it turns out according to the pickup.

Just don't know what to do at this stage.. thinking of reinstalling Windows LOL

haihane
Level 13
LOL.

let us hear it.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Welp it's definitely Realtek and Windows.. just reinstalled Windows, and tested, the moment I put the driver in, the Microphone began screwing up again. Guess I'm forced to run without an audio driver and just go generic.