cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUXIP Installation

heythere88
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I've just built my first PC and am using the ROG Zenith Extreme motherboard. I ran into a glitch so I had to re-install windows. I plugged the USB that came with my motherboard into my case once more to re-install the drivers and utilities on it once more, and this time a program pops up each time I reboot. It is the "AUXIP Installation". If I click "next" there is a paragraph, and at the end of it it says,

"In order to provide you with better SERVICE, enhance user experience, and continuously discover problems to improve performance, you acknowledge and agree that ASUS may collect your product information, such as product serial number, MAC address, IP address, frequently used software information and the software function usage behavior to obtain customer feedback and to analysis user experience."

I don't want this program monitoring me/possibly slowing down my computer. Is it possible to delete this program/pop-up, and if so how? Whenever I click "exit" to get out of it, another pop-up comes appears and says,

"Exit AUXIP Instillation Wizard may lead to specific device inactivated".

I already registered my motherboard on my first windows instillation, I don't think I have to register again, right? What does this mean "device inactivated"?

Thanks guys.

Edit: Or should I just install it? What did you guys do, and what are your thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If you go to Task Manager, Startup tab does it show there...so you can disable it from appearing again?

There is nothing on that pendrive that you need really. Updated versions of chipset driver are available online...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
If you go to Task Manager, Startup tab does it show there...so you can disable it from appearing again?

There is nothing on that pendrive that you need really. Updated versions of chipset driver are available online...

Hey, thanks for trying to help. I ended up just re-installing windows on a fresh install. This time I didn't install the user experience improvement program. Thanks for the help/response though!

heythere88 wrote:
I ended up just re-installing windows on a fresh install.

Good stuff! I'd have probably done the same. Fresh start without the extra spyware.

🙂