Did you mean: 
32 REPLIES 32

GotKevlar
Level 7
anything on z370-G?

Rippin_Kittin
Level 9
So what are the actual changes made?
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.1 GHz || MB: ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming || Cooling: Corsair Hydro 115i
GFX: 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (SLI) || RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB OC @ 3300 MHz
Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG SWIFT PG279Q 165Hz || PSU: Corsair AX1600i || OS: Windows 10 Professional x64
Case: NZXT Phantom 820 FullTower - White

Rippin_Kittin
Level 9
Not worth flashing without knowing the reasons for IMO. "Improve system stability" is what they always say on each and every update. It depends on what settings and components you're running. A BIOS upgrade can sometimes be a downgrade to your specific system.
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.1 GHz || MB: ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming || Cooling: Corsair Hydro 115i
GFX: 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (SLI) || RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB OC @ 3300 MHz
Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG SWIFT PG279Q 165Hz || PSU: Corsair AX1600i || OS: Windows 10 Professional x64
Case: NZXT Phantom 820 FullTower - White

katlani
Level 9
is this coming with any MEI firmware update?
I could swear the system was going for that MEI fw update screen for few seconds.. cant say i noticed any change in version though.

katlani
Level 9
Thanks.. i wonder what was that screen after BIOS update that said not to turn off the machine.. (i used to see it once MEI was updating..).
Any chance some sub additional component was updated in this version?

Triliuner
Level 7
after updating to 1601, my pc got a bug
when I turn on the pc, after going through the bios screen, it doesn't want to load the window (and the blank screen)
must be restarted via the case button, then want to load windows

normal: turn on the power button> bios screen> enter windows
now (bug): turn on the power button> bios screen> windows does not want to load> must press the restart button> bios screen> enter windows

katlani
Level 9
Have you tried to reset all of the bios settings to see if this helps?

ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING pages now has Bios 1801:

ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING BIOS 1801
Updated CPU Microcode.
Secure erase now supports NVME devices.
Fixed USB device issue.
Improved system performance and stability.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-H-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Decided to upgrade the bios, no issues so far.