cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6850k on Asus Rampage V Edition 10 wont honor Bios settings

jdpg265
Level 7
Ok I have a strange one here. I am unable to OC my pc via the bios regardless of the settings I apply. This pc has been running with a 4.2Ghz OC for over a year with zero issues but I noticed recently that for some reason it was running at stock speeds. When I crack open the BIO is see all of my setting as they should be but the PC only runs to 3.6ghz

I have tried resetting it , I have now tried this running bios 1701 -1902. Even the mildest OC such as 4.0 set in the Bio will not take when the pc boots. The pc always posts and runs fine but the CPU will only run at stock speeds. I go back into the bios and see all of my setting still persisted but it appears maybe Windows is doing something the highjack the bios settings. Now if I install and run the Intel OC utility the settings applied in that tool appear to take and OC the rig just fine. Also the Intel tool shows my mild 4.0 Ghz OC...

Just to be clear...
OC in bios - XMP profile - CPU set to 40 - CPU voltage set to 1.25
boot to windows with zero issues
Power setting set to Performance.

Using 3 different monitoring tools ...
CPU clock is set at 3.6 Ghz

Using Intel tool..
It shows my bios as having a 4.0GHz clock but it not applying it
I can up it to 4.0 Ghz in the intel tool with no issue.

PC always runs fine and never fails to boot or crash.

I reinstalled a fresh OS but no change in behavior.

WTH is going on why isn't my Bios being honored????
2 REPLIES 2

jdpg265
Level 7
Appreciate the reply. Removed MS KB and now my OC is back to normal. THank you. Lets hope a patch comes out sometime in my lifetime....