cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming get AGESA 1.0.0.6?

Exostenza
Level 9
We have been stuck on Pinnacle 1.0.0.2 for ages and the RAM compatibility is dreadfully poor. Other boards have been on Pinnacle 1.0.0.4c for a while and are now getting Pinnacle 1.0.0.6. Does anyone have any news on what is going on with Asus? I have contacted customer support several times and got the standard "our engineers are looking into it" runaround.

Anyone on the inside know what is going on? I am getting VERY tempted to jump ship and get my first non-Asus motherboard in over 10 years because of the complete lack of support.

:mad:
9 REPLIES 9

vBDKv
Level 8
B450-F is 1.0.0.2 as well ... Apparently Asus is "having issues".

ASUS is having issues, yet MSI has already released it ....:(

Grim1979 wrote:
ASUS is having issues, yet MSI has already released it ....:(

And you can tell that MSI wasn't ready for it ... All their boards still have 30+ sec boot times, which is hilarious.

1.0.0.6 BIOS was just released for the X470-i on 11/30 so you're probably getting it soon.... but I can't run my RAM at 3600 anymore with it (the XMP profile) - system basically crashes immediately after booting into windows 😞

I'll jump on this boat, I've just made a thread asking the same thing but for the X370-F. Its unacceptable that after paying the premium for the STRIX boards that we don't at least get BIOS updates to a new AGESA when AMD release one. Asrock and MSI are looking FAR better choices right now. I actually have two other builds built on an Asrock X370 Fatal1ty X and MSI X370 Gaming Pro, those boards are running firmware with AGESA 1004 and 1006 respectively AND I paid substantially less for those boards than I did this poxy X370-F which I have to put up with an ancient BIOS pre AGESA 1002/a due to those versions having horrible memory divider (crippled memory bandwidth) bugs.

dlphillips21 wrote:
1.0.0.6 BIOS was just released for the X470-i on 11/30 so you're probably getting it soon.... but I can't run my RAM at 3600 anymore with it (the XMP profile) - system basically crashes immediately after booting into windows 😞

No we're not, they just released version 4207 which from the looks of it doesn't include latest AGESA:

Version 4207
2018/12/138.02 MBytes
ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING BIOS 4207
Improve compatibility and performance with for Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors

Edit: It apparently does according, I was a little premature in the rant so deleted. Still why isn't this mentioned in the changelog?

infraction2008 wrote:
No we're not, they just released version 4207 which from the looks of it doesn't include latest AGESA:

Edit: It apparently does according, I was a little premature in the rant so deleted. Still why isn't this mentioned in the changelog?

The Changelog over the german support page says:

Version 4207
2018/12/13 - 8.02 MBytes
ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING BIOS 4207
1.Update AGESA 1006
2.Improve compatibility and performance for Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors

Anyway - Finally my 3200MHz Corsair kit runs at it's full speed 🙂

CornFlakes wrote:
The Changelog over the german support page says:

Anyway - Finally my 3200MHz Corsair kit runs at it's full speed 🙂

Doesn't say this on the North American site but someone confirmed on the B350-F issues thread that CPUID confirms AGESA 1.0.0.6 is there.

Any ISSUES with the latest BIOS? Or are we looking pretty?
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Doesn't say this on the North American site but someone confirmed on the B350-F issues thread that CPUID confirms AGESA 1.0.0.6 is there.

Any ISSUES with the latest BIOS? Or are we looking pretty?

Haven't had detected any issues so far