cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Z270i motherboard with an issue. What are my options?

skiddyrow
Level 7
I built a Z270i based system last July with the following specs. Z270i, 7700K with a Noctua U9S cooler, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB RAM 2400, Corsair SF600, EVGA 1080ti SC Black, 2 x 1TB 960 EVO M.2 all in an Ncase M1 case. Around a month back, the computer refused to POST. Only the motherboard orange light would light up and nothing else - no CPU fans spinning or any POST state LEDs lighting up. After a full round of troubleshooting, I took it to the local ASUS service centre in India and I was told that the motherboard had an issue (they said something has shorted - not sure how - system is powered through a UPS and surge protector and all cables are tied) and since I bought the motherboard in a store in Singapore it only had local warranty.

Since I was traveling to the UK, I went ahead and bought a second one through Amazon UK. I've rebuilt the machine and now find that one RAM slot is not working. I've switched the RAM around, got a second pair to test and find all the RAM sticks working in the second slot but the system refuses to POST with a RAM stick in the first slot closest to the CPU (DRAM LED stays lit).

I'm currently using the machine with 8GB RAM and as I have some urgent work over the next couple of weeks I'm not planning to take it to the service centre before that. I'm unable to find if an Amazon UK bought motherboard has an international warranty and if I can RMA it in India. I'm anyway planning to send the first one to Singapore to try my luck there, but want to know if I can do something with the second one as I'm definitely not buying a third one!

Also could there be something I can do further to troubleshoot the RAM slot?

Thanks!*
0 REPLIES 0