cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard Start light always on

JohnBob128
Level 7
I have a Maximus XI Hero motherboard and when I shut down my pc (psu switch is flipped on), the “Start” button light remains lit. Is this normal?
10 REPLIES 10

no1yak
Level 8
Yes the start light stays on, it's normal.

I guess you are talking about the "Standby"-LED, right? Is there a possibility to switch the LED off when the PC is not running? If not, is there a possibility to switch the LED off if the PC is running?

Thanks

P.s.: I'm using a ASUS Z370-I, if thats important

xamo1337 wrote:
I guess you are talking about the "Standby"-LED, right? Is there a possibility to switch the LED off when the PC is not running? If not, is there a possibility to switch the LED off if the PC is running?

Thanks

P.s.: I'm using a ASUS Z370-I, if thats important

No he's talking about the start button light ,please read the post before replying.

The start button light is permanently on when you turn off the PC unless you disconnect the power from the PSU on a Hero XI.

no1yak wrote:
No he's talking about the start button light ,please read the post before replying.

The start button light is permanently on when you turn off the PC unless you disconnect the power from the PSU on a Hero XI.

What? No it's not......How about reading the manual before posting this.

In Bios under Rog Effects you choose stealth mode when the computer is off or sleeps...and ALL led and Aura lights will turn off when you shut down the computer.

no1yak wrote:
Yes the start light stays on, it's normal.

What? No, it's not normal....it's the default setting in Bios, and you can change it. How about do some research or read the manual instead of posting bull. You don't know anything.

In Biios under Rog Settings -> you should change to "stealth" when the computer sleeps or off. This wil turn off ALL LED and AURA lights when you turn off your computer.

I

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is as it should be, when power supply is on, their is power to the board and the on button is lit up.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
That is as it should be, when power supply is on, their is power to the board and the on button is lit up.

No...you can change it in BIOS under Rog Settings. Choose Stealth mode when computer is off or sleep.

Raja
Level 13
JohnBob128 wrote:
I have a Maximus XI Hero motherboard and when I shut down my pc (psu switch is flipped on), the “Start” button light remains lit. Is this normal?

Try enabling 'Stealth Mode' in UEFI.

Yep!

BIOS Advanced\ROG Effects\Onboard LED will turn on or off all onboard LEDs.

BIOS Advanced\APM Configuration\ErP Ready Enable (S4+S5) switches off all LEDs when you shut down your computer (even the BIOS reset light, Start button light, and USB ports).