cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Hero and Kaspersky Anti-Virus key?

jewie27
Level 7
I just installed my Maximus XI Hero motherboard and 9900K CPU with Windows 10 64 Bit. The install disc includes a 1 year subscription to Kaspersky Anti Virus. After installing it, it says my subscription or key is not active or valid. Where do I find a key to activate it? My old Maximus IV Extreme Z had the key written on the sleeve of the CD.
New ROG PC built Nov 2011:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Intel Core I5-2500K
(2) EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked in SLI
Corsair 600T
Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooling
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair Force 3 128GB SSD for boot drive
8GB Red Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 Mhz 9-9-9-24
1.5 TB Western Digital Caviar Black
Asus 12x Blu-Ray Writer

Built my first PC at age 12, Pentium III @ 450 Mhz.
7 REPLIES 7

btrach144
Level 7
Why not just use the built in Microsoft Dender. I’ve used it for years. No need to add bloatware to your OS.*

Plus it’s banned in the US. USA government thinks it’s a back door for Russian government. Ick**https://www.reuters.com/article/us-USA-cyber-kaspersky/trump-signs-into-law-u-s-government-ban-on-ka...

btrach144 wrote:
Why not just use the built in Microsoft Dender. I’ve used it for years. No need to add bloatware to your OS.*

Plus it’s banned in the US. USA government thinks it’s a back door for Russian government. Ick**https://www.reuters.com/article/us-USA-cyber-kaspersky/trump-signs-into-law-u-s-government-ban-on-ka...

It's included with the CD so I should be able to have access to the Anti-Virus if I wish. If you're not able to help, there's no point in dodging the question and changing the subject. Either there is a key available or there's not. It is my understanding that there's 1 free year subscription included. Maybe I'm old school. This is the 4th desktop PC i've owned since 1995. I've always used Norton, Macaffe, Kaspersky, etc... It's my computer so why does it matter to you what I want to install on it?
New ROG PC built Nov 2011:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Intel Core I5-2500K
(2) EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked in SLI
Corsair 600T
Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooling
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair Force 3 128GB SSD for boot drive
8GB Red Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 Mhz 9-9-9-24
1.5 TB Western Digital Caviar Black
Asus 12x Blu-Ray Writer

Built my first PC at age 12, Pentium III @ 450 Mhz.

jewie27 wrote:
It's included with the CD so I should be able to have access to the Anti-Virus if I wish. If you're not able to help, there's no point in dodging the question and changing the subject. Either there is a key available or there's not. It is my understanding that there's 1 free year subscription included. Maybe I'm old school. This is the 4th desktop PC i've owned since 1995. I've always used Norton, Macaffe, Kaspersky, etc... It's my computer so why does it matter to you what I want to install on it?

I provided you with an alternative that doesn’t require a headache. Not sure why you are behaving like that. Nobody will want to help you with that attitude.*

btrach144 wrote:
I provided you with an alternative that doesn’t require a headache. Not sure why you are behaving like that. Nobody will want to help you with that attitude.*

Hi,

"Not sure why you are behaving like that" ?

btrach144 wrote:
No need to add bloatware to your OS

You seem to say that Kaspersky is a bloatware (which is totally wrong), it's disrespectful because you do not respect his choice (and mine and a lot of people here).

btrach144 wrote:
Plus it’s banned in the US. USA government thinks it’s a back door for Russian government. Ick**

1) It's wrong, again, Kaspersky was banned from the US ADMINISTRATION only (which does not mean it's justified).
2) Thanks for avoiding politics, Kaspersky is one of the best security solution in the world (if not the best with BitDefender), no matter what politicians say.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

"Not sure why you are behaving like that" ?

You seem to say that Kaspersky is a bloatware (which is totally wrong), it's disrespectful because you do not respect his choice (and mine and a lot of people here).

1) It's wrong, again, Kaspersky was banned from the US ADMINISTRATION only (which does not mean it's justified).
2) Thanks for avoiding politics, Kaspersky is one of the best security solution in the world (if not the best with BitDefender), no matter what politicians say.

Twitter has also banned Kaspersky as well if you want a non political source. Also, you provided no data to back your claim that it is one of the best security solutions in the world. As a result, you post is based on opinion and not facts.

If we're sharing opinions and not backing them up with data, then I'm going to say that Kaspersky creates an RDP connection to your computer that creates a back door for the Russian Government. No thank you.

btrach144 wrote:
Also, you provided no data to back your claim that it is one of the best security solutions in the world. As a result, you post is based on opinion and not facts.

Here (among others) : https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

Now stop your political blabla.

MoKiChU wrote:
Here (among others) : https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

Now stop your political blabla.

that was written before the ban. I wonder what their 2019 report would say.

Also, any report that gives Norton high remarks is shoddy at best. *