cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero Question

pit_ns
Level 8
Guys,

After I turn off my computer and turn off also the power supply, and then turn it on again and press power button the computers starts, then shuts down for 2 seconds and then start normally.

Is that normal behavior? It has been like that from the start and I just ignored it until now.

Overall it seems to be running normally except that one interesting thing.

Plus, sometimes lights in different zones stay up even when computer is off.

Any idea?
6 REPLIES 6

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
The double boot at cold boot is normal behavior. The board is training memory from scratch ensuring it's reset and stable...happens with certain settings.

The lights...I'm not sure

Are you doing this with your mashed potatoes?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
The double boot at cold boot is normal behavior. The board is training memory from scratch ensuring it's reset and stable...happens with certain settings.

The lights...I'm not sure

Are you doing this with your mashed potatoes?

Yes I'm having a close encounter with my mashed potatoes.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

pit_ns
Level 8
Thank you for your reply. What settings do you have in mind? Since i am not doing any overclocking at the moment is there something i can do to disable it?

Would that also be safe?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You can't disable it no...it is a necessary step to ensure your PC is stable. Without it you can get OS corruption etc.

If you set XMP profile, for example...you are overclocking...

pit_ns
Level 8
Thanks.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nah you are welcome

The lights...I'm not sure...(sorry the joke above is for a certain age group :o...close encounters and all that)

I would guess they are either board RGB LEDs (some BIOS have options for turning them off when PC is off but PSU on) or they will be start button etc.