cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New biulding PC, first boot error need help

xfrodoy
Level 7
I am building my new PC, MB:ASUS Maximus XI Hero, CPU, 9900K, VGA card: MSI Seahawk 2080, RAM, G.skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR. after checked all power supply was correct, I started the 1st boot, but the boot stopped when one continuous beep followed by 3 short beeps, the Q-code was D6, and then one continuous beep followed by 4 short beep, Q-code was A2. I tried reload CMOS, 1 ram per time and change the position of RAM. remove the VGA card. but the boot stopped at the same time. why this happened? Is this the problem of the VGA card or the MB? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Vlada011
Level 10
Did you check power cables on CPU and VGA? And are you sure that CPU sit correct,
Maybe you connect something wrong in hurry. I always forgot to connect CPU fan and that traumatized me on second before I figure out where is problem.

Download last BIOS from ROG site for Maximus XI Hero and flash bios with ASUS Flashback processors.
You can find guidelines on net or in your motherboard manual.

thank you for your suggestion, i’m Sure the cable were all correct, I will try to upgrade the bios first

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Double check all the connections and that everything is seated correctly in the correct slots..GPU RAM etc. Maybe try different SATA cables if you have them.

Check MB is only touching standoffs on the back. Make sure fans are connected and CPU cooling is mounted correctly.

XYchromosone
Level 10
how did you go with this problem? Did you end up getting it going?

I am in a similar position with error code 55. My next step is to replace the new i9 9900k with a i7 8700k to try and eliminate the CPU . I've already tried many things like removing the GTX 1800Ti and trying just the iGPU, all the RAM tricks, even different RAM from my other rig.

This new build is a Maximus XI i9 9900k, Corsair AX1600i psu, Thermaltake Flo Riing Ultimate AIO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB [b-die], so it's a damn expensive system when you also throw in the Fractal Define R6

I've also been having other problems this past few days with my current Maximus X, it would not show anything on screen so i discovered that with one of the screens, an AOC AG271QG that by flicking through connection types [DVI, DP, HDMI] it would finally work. Or if i connected to another monitor also a recently new 24" AOC it would work. All these strange things happening at the same time is getting me frustrated to say the least.

Well I hope you had better luck and got it going