ROG Member Array

Question Rampage VI Extreme Omega Fan/Pump- Waterblock header vs CPU Header

Ok

So I've built a custom loop on my Omega.

I'm reading conflicting instructions on which MB header to put the pump header (power is via molex - EK DDC)

Obviously, the Omega has dedicated waterpump header as well as the CPU fan header.

Now - my question is :

Given that the waterblock header is always on full speed it's obviously noisier on the DDC pump (its not that loud but noticable) whereas if i put it on the CPU header I have speed control and generally its pretty much silent ...

I guess my question is - will the CPU header speed up the pump if the graphics cards start getting warmer ?

The loop is through and SLI RTX2080Ti pair and i7 9800x processor using a 360 and 480 mm EX Coolstream XE rads in pushpull.

Shpuld I just leave the pump pluged into the waterblock header and running full speed all the time or can I be sure the CPU header will increase the speed when need for the GPUs ?

Advice as this is my first custom loop ...

Thanks

G.
    Last edited by Gaspode; 02-11-2019 at 05:51 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array feedmeink PC Specs
    feedmeink PC Specs
    MotherboardX299 Rampage vi extreme
    ProcessorI9 7980xe
    Memory (part number)Corsair vengeance lpx 4000mhz 32gb (2x16gb)
    Graphics Card #1Ek waterblock vega 56
    Storage #1Samsung 970pro 1tb m.2
    CPU CoolerEk full monoblock
    CaseLian li pc-011 dynamic
    Power SupplyEvga 1200 watt platinum
    OS Windows 10

Cpu header will only adjust fan curve based on cpu temp. For gpu fan curve, my only suggestion is to get a temperature fitting. It monitors the temperature of the water as it passes through the fitting. You would then download a program that monitors fluid temp and adjusts as necessary. But to be honest it won't make a huge impact due to fluid temp evening out. Eventually fluid will even out whether it's only gpu or both cpu and gpu. If I were in your case I would just hook into cpu header and set pump to 60 or 70%.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array feedmeink PC Specs
    feedmeink PC Specs
    MotherboardX299 Rampage vi extreme
    ProcessorI9 7980xe
    Memory (part number)Corsair vengeance lpx 4000mhz 32gb (2x16gb)
    Graphics Card #1Ek waterblock vega 56
    Storage #1Samsung 970pro 1tb m.2
    CPU CoolerEk full monoblock
    CaseLian li pc-011 dynamic
    Power SupplyEvga 1200 watt platinum
    OS Windows 10

Your fluid temperature is mainly a reflection of radiator thickness and space along with good fans. I have 47mm thick rads with high rpm fans running at 30% to keep extra quite. I run a i9 7980xe overclocked which is known for being extremely hot. My fluid temp never gets over 33c during long sessions of stress testing