cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Code RGB

jrrog1975
Level 7
Can someone please post a picture of the RGB lighing on your XI Code board? The lines on the left of mine seem a little faded, not matching the image on the Asus web site...just trying to determine if it's normal.
6 REPLIES 6

Zammin
Level 9
I have pretty dim and not completely uniform lighting on my XI Formula as well.. I think it's a crappy RGB implementation on this gen Code and Formula. They've tried to do the light bleeding through the traces on the reflective panels and it just hasn't worked. Even on bright colours like green and blue it looks like it's barely working compared to my G Skill RGB ram and any other lighting in my case. It looks absolutely NOTHING like the page on ASUS' website where they make it look like light is gleaming through the board in all areas.

in this video at 0:43 and 1:07 you can see that the lighting on the IO shield is dim, and the ROG eye doesn't completely light up, only spots around it are visible while others are so dark they barely look lit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj4U5NEWFfI That's pretty much exactly what mine looks like. Maybe see if you can find a video of the XI Code and see if the lighting looks like it does on yours.

Given that the Code is the same underlying board as the Formula but with a different cover over the lit up areas I would say it's normal that it's dim and not uniform across the board, but it's just a cheap implementation compared to the Rampage VI Extreme which they were trying to copy. It's sad to see this kind of corner cutting (as well as the cost saving measures on the VRM, and lying about it's phase count) on expensive boards when the lighting is advertised is a major feature.

Another disappointed z390 Code user here. Several challenges with the Aura RGB implementation;
- Aura software had many issues finding the motherboard. Toying a round with several versions of the software I eventually found 1.07.36 to finally work for me.
- The IO shield (top left) of the board has no RGB coming on at all.
- The sections of the board (center, and ROG eye) do light up, but its barely visible with no brightness settings. 😞
- Trying to adjust the inidividual zones through the Aura software seemingly has no effect
Pretty poor implementation of RGB if you're planning a striking visual appearance

kens30
Level 11
I know it is a disappointment to see such high end motherboards with the RGB issue.
Previous Z370 boards have a great RGB implementation.

Just wanted to say that, as one of the owners of XI CODE, I join and confirm the very low quality of this MOBO RGB hardware.

Same issue. The overall RGB effect of this board is absolute rubbish.

Either the RGB LED's are too weak, or the cover is too thick to allow for enough light to break through.

If you have ANY other light source in your PC, the effect of the RGB is diminished severely.

In my case, I have some Corsair LL fans, G.skill memory and a Corsair H150 all with RGB. It overpowers the motherboard lighting effects to the extent where it's barely visible.

If my build didn't take so long to dismantle and rebuild it would have been RMA'd ages ago.

Pics below for context...

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
same here, is dimm very. i was torn with it. i report these back in January. And is very nice since have a dual zone. there. i see it when the computer is off. At least the Aura is working for me.
Learn, Play Enjoy!