cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RYUO 240 pump and fan speed

jrrog1975
Level 7
I have my RYUO 240 connected to the CPU fan header (per the documentation). In AI Suite (latest version), adjusting the CPU fan speed does nothing. When choosing the RYUO fan, the pump speed is supposed to be adjusted but I think it's adjusting both the fans and the pump. The AI Suite naming is also confusing...where it reads "RYUO fan"...but then states to change the slider to affect the pump speed. Can someone clarify?
10 REPLIES 10

Menthol
Level 14
Since these coolers are so new you may not find anyone here who has one to compare

This is how I connected my RYUJIN 360. Yours should be similar:

Connect the RYUO fans to the RYOU fan connectors, not the motherboard
Connect the RYOU to the AIO Pump connector on the motherboard

Under AI Suite Fan Expert, RYOU Fan curve will adjust the fans, and AIO Pump curve will adjust the pump

If you do not have a AIO Pump connector on the motherboard, use the CPU Fan. However you will need to make sure you have set Q Fan or other UEFI fan control to disabled otherwise AI Suite will not be able to take control.

Hi , i have a Ryujin 240 and when i try to use preset on AI Suite (i have 4 preset) he put all the fans at the maximun speed.
Think i have some bios settings in conflict, where i can find Q Fan settings in z390 strix asus motherboard bios? thx

mdzcpa wrote:
This is how I connected my RYUJIN 360. Yours should be similar:

Connect the RYUO fans to the RYOU fan connectors, not the motherboard
Connect the RYOU to the AIO Pump connector on the motherboard

Under AI Suite Fan Expert, RYOU Fan curve will adjust the fans, and AIO Pump curve will adjust the pump

If you do not have a AIO Pump connector on the motherboard, use the CPU Fan. However you will need to make sure you have set Q Fan or other UEFI fan control to disabled otherwise AI Suite will not be able to take control.

Gilgamessh wrote:
Hi , i have a Ryujin 240 and when i try to use preset on AI Suite (i have 4 preset) he put all the fans at the maximun speed.
Think i have some bios settings in conflict, where i can find Q Fan settings in z390 strix asus motherboard bios? thx

Those presets do not work with the RYUJIN or RYUO. Instead start with the a basic preset, then custom adjust the fan curves as you want, including the PUMP and FAN speed of the ROG Cooler. Then safe those settings to a CUSTOM Profile. You can save various profiles.

Also, I find the CPU Fan header is more effective and responsive for adjusting the Pump speed. Connect to the CPU fan header if you find the AIO header is not responsive enough.

faxfan2002
Level 7
I've just check the RYUO on my system (several weeks after install!) and the AIO PUMP is in smart mode running at 100%, I assume there is no hard in running the pump at 100% (the system is not on 24/7 or anything - maybe a few hours a day)?

faxfan2002 wrote:
I've just check the RYUO on my system (several weeks after install!) and the AIO PUMP is in smart mode running at 100%, I assume there is no hard in running the pump at 100% (the system is not on 24/7 or anything - maybe a few hours a day)?

Likely no harm done. I run mine on a fan curve to make my system absolutely silent during desktop chores.

Menthol
Level 14
I run the pump at 100% constantly on every AIO I have used except EK

Gofran
Level 8
please help i have two noctua fans connected to y but the fans keep going full what can i do provide picture or step by step please

Gofran wrote:
please help i have two noctua fans connected to y but the fans keep going full what can i do provide picture or step by step please

I provided answers directly to your own thread here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?108656