cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Compatible PC Case for R6E

EaglePC
Level 10
Well folks i had issues like memory and boot problems so i start from scratch took everything out of case redone my Corsair H150i Cooler totally rebuilt it all- all works well now seems my Thermaltake View 71 RGB PC Case cause the issue poor ground or something , What you folks recommend for the R6E board I like to have my fans inside the PC case as push with my Corsair H150i Cooler cannot seem to find any tempered glass PC Case big enough for sitting on a 24" table weight limit 50lbs THanks
Asus Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7940X / Corsair H115i Pro / CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3000MHz / EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE GAMING BLACK Edition / 2x Samsung 970 Pro NMVe 1GB / 4x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB / Asus ROG Swift PG348Q / Corsair AX 1500i / Thermaltake View 71 RGB PC Case /Win 10 PRO x64
8 REPLIES 8

JustinThyme
Level 13
What CPU are you running?
I'm running a 7900X and the corsair couldn't handle it past stock. CPU is delidded. Even at stock it was a struggle.
I ended up going massive with an Obsidian 900D. A few folks are running Enthoo elite cases.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I'm running a 7900X and the corsair couldn't handle it past stock. CPU is delidded. Even at stock it was a struggle.
I ended up going massive with an Obsidian 900D. A few folks are running Enthoo elite cases.

Speaking of the Corsair Obsidian 900D, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now. Do you think it is out of production awaiting the next model or will there be another production run? Beautiful case and lighting you have there.

R5Eandme wrote:
JustinThyme wrote:

Speaking of the Corsair Obsidian 900D, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now. Do you think it is out of production awaiting the next model or will there be another production run? Beautiful case and lighting you have there.

They are available, just need to know where to look as its been one upped by the 1000D which also looks like a nice case at $500. Then theres the Phanteks Enthoo Elite if you have -$900-$1000 to spend (im still on the fence on one of these, ever see one go on sale I'll jump on it). Im also considering a 1000D. Not that I dont love my 900D but I get antsy after a couple of years on the same case. Ill stick with the rest for now as its not been one upped yet which is good as the few 2080TIs that pop up are selling for more than what I paid for BOTH of my 1080Ti cards and from what Ive seen the only thing they are good for is they are more efficient with power. I might try a skylake refresh if they show any promise. I cant complain as I think Im one of only a handful of people to get a 7900X to hit 5Ghz and yes 5GHz on ALL CORES!! IMO it doesnt count if you only OC the sweet spot and leave the rest behind. I definitely hit the silicon lottery on my delidded chip. Curious to see how the new chips will fare now that they went back to bonding the IHS making deliidding a thing of the past.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
R5Eandme wrote:

They are available, just need to know where to look as its been one upped by the 1000D which also looks like a nice case at $500. Then theres the Phanteks Enthoo Elite if you have -$900-$1000 to spend (im still on the fence on one of these, ever see one go on sale I'll jump on it). Im also considering a 1000D. Not that I dont love my 900D but I get antsy after a couple of years on the same case. Ill stick with the rest for now as its not been one upped yet which is good as the few 2080TIs that pop up are selling for more than what I paid for BOTH of my 1080Ti cards and from what Ive seen the only thing they are good for is they are more efficient with power. I might try a skylake refresh if they show any promise. I cant complain as I think Im one of only a handful of people to get a 7900X to hit 5Ghz and yes 5GHz on ALL CORES!! IMO it doesnt count if you only OC the sweet spot and leave the rest behind. I definitely hit the silicon lottery on my delidded chip. Curious to see how the new chips will fare now that they went back to bonding the IHS making deliidding a thing of the past.

I didn't realize that de-lidding was only possible because Intel was using thermal compound in the CPU rather than solder or other permanent bonding. Maybe you won't need de-lidding for optimum heat dissipation moving forward.

From what I know of the 2080 series, they include a new type of cores for hybrid ray tracing, but are otherwise like you said, not much different. Also I am guessing that the 2080 series are no better at floating point operations and workstation graphics than previous gaming cards. The ray tracing cores are specific to that task? (Quaddro and Firepro are too expensive.)

I will keep looking for a new 900D, but Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy and Frys are out of stock except for some price gauging from third party.

EaglePC
Level 10
7940X yes know what you mean HOT! CPU throttling with any OC at stock XMP ok temps 35c , 55c in Photoshop and a few games AIDA64 fully loaded 80c all my specs in profile 🙂
Asus Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7940X / Corsair H115i Pro / CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3000MHz / EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE GAMING BLACK Edition / 2x Samsung 970 Pro NMVe 1GB / 4x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB / Asus ROG Swift PG348Q / Corsair AX 1500i / Thermaltake View 71 RGB PC Case /Win 10 PRO x64

Abaidor
Level 9
I am running it in a Cosmos 2 modded case with the glass window but I use an external radiator so that allowed me to design the airflow in the case the way I want it and it's great and silent. No high temps in any component (PCH, Memory, NVMEs) - CPU/GPU with custom waterblocks.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

EaglePC
Level 10
can a pc case really have ground issues here was my setup is it cause the 24 pin and pcie cable behind mb https://pcpartpicker.com/b/6Y8Ycf
maybe i should get my dremel out and cut for the power cables since i like the pc case so much and put my h150i fans on top exhaust

Abaidor
Level 9
Check the motherboard stand offs and whether something touches where it should not. Disconnect everything not needed (including USB ports) and check everything again.
There is really nothing we can do from images and you if you have a grounding issues you need to go through a troubleshooting process step by step.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |