cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel ME Firmware + Maximus XI Formula Z390

einsindrei
Level 10
Hello,

I hope anybody can help me, which is the latest Intel me firmware version for the maximus xi formula z390 and which was the preinstalled Intel me firmware version?

I'm not sure which I must choose to update 😞
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
Suspect the key question is which CPU are you running. But not withstanding that, the latest ME firmware will always be available directly from the Intel download page.

Again I pose the question. Why fix something that is not broke??
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

einsindrei
Level 10
I go the board as used from a marketplace, it's in good condition but the seller told me, he has update the me firmware for his 8700k cpu and i use 9900k

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

I do not advise you to touch the Intel ME (Management Engine) firmware on chipset Z390, since the Z390 chipset, the firmware must be flashed with the corresponding Intel PMC (Power Management Controller) firmware, for that the ME firmware and the PMC firmware must be packaged according to some parameters via Intel Flash Image Tool to then be flashed with Intel Firmware Update Utility.

I do not advise you to let your ME & PMC firmware come with your BIOS to avoid any mishandling.

The interest of flashing a ME firmware manually (what I propose for Z97/X99, Z170/Z270/Z370 & X299 via 3 threads if you search) is especially for people who have a motherboard of previous generations with a old BIOS that does not have the news ME firmware.

Note : No matter which processor is used with the chipset, the ME firmware is the same.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

I do not advise you to touch the Intel ME (Management Engine) firmware on Z390 chipset, since the Z390 chipset, the firmware must be flashed with the corresponding Intel PMC (Power Management Controller) firmware, for that the ME firmware and the PMC firmware must be packaged according to some parameters via Intel Flash Image Tool to then be flashed with Intel Firmware Update Utility.

I do not advise you to let your ME & PMC firmware come with your BIOS to avoid any mishandling (besides there is a new BIOS for your motherboard with a new microcode for your processor : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105974-BIOS-0602-ROG-Maximus-XI-amp-ROG-Strix-Z390-Gaming).

The interest of flashing a ME firmware manually (what I propose for Z97/X99, Z170/Z270/Z370 & X299 via 3 threads if you search) is especially for people who have a motherboard of previous generations with a old BIOS that does not have the news ME firmware.

Note : No matter which processor is used with the chipset, the ME firmware is the same.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

I do not advise you to touch the Intel ME (Management Engine) firmware on Z390 chipset, since the Z390 chipset, the firmware must be flashed with the corresponding Intel PMC (Power Management Controller) firmware, for that the ME firmware and the PMC firmware must be packaged according to some parameters via Intel Flash Image Tool to then be flashed with Intel Firmware Update Utility.

I do advise you to let your ME & PMC firmware come with your BIOS to avoid any mishandling (besides there is a new BIOS for your motherboard with a new microcode for your processor : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105974-BIOS-0602-ROG-Maximus-XI-amp-ROG-Strix-Z390-Gaming).

Note 1 : No matter which processor is used with the chipset, the ME firmware is the same.
Note 2 : If you want see the ME firmware version that you have, you can see it in the BIOS, Main tab of Advanced Mode (F7).

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

I do advise you to let your ME & PMC firmware come with your BIOS to avoid any mishandling (besides there is a new BIOS for your motherboard with a new microcode for your processor : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105974-BIOS-0602-ROG-Maximus-XI-amp-ROG-Strix-Z390-Gaming).

Note 1 : No matter which processor is used with the chipset, the ME firmware is the same.
Note 2 : If you want see the ME firmware version that you have, you can see it in the BIOS, Main tab of Advanced Mode (F7).
Note 3 : Do not confuse Intel ME (Management Engine) firmware and Intel MEI (Management Engine Interface) drivers.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Note 3 : Do not confuse Intel ME (Management Engine) firmware and Intel MEI (Management Engine Interface) drivers.

einsindrei
Level 10
I want to know which is the original me firmware, because I'm not sure what seller does. My maximus xi formula says in bios it has version 12.0.7.1122 it is the right version?

MoKiChU
Level 40
The first BIOS release (BIOS 0506) for your motherboard contains the ME firmware version 12.0.6.1120.
The latest BIOS (BIOS 0602) for your motherboard still contains the ME firmware version 12.0.6.1120.

But do not worry, the next time a BIOS update contains an updated ME firmware, it will overwrite the changes (upgraded to ME firmware 12.0.7.1122) made by the person who sold you the motherboard