Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Asus GL703GM - Might have some driver issues

Hello guys!

Nice to be part of a community like this!

Recently, I bought a brand new gaming laptop Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GM.
    Specs:
    CPU: Intel i7 8750h
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    MEM: SSD 128GB + HDD 1TB
    DISPLAY: 17.3", 120Hz

Ok. I have the following problems and questions:
    - Is it normal that I have 45°C idle temperatures with an ambient temperature of 23°C?
    In full load(test with Prime95), there is no problem(I guess) and it's like 80°C MAX
    - I have a problem installing all needed drivers. I say this 'coz my ROG button and FAN button are not working, but all other FN keys are working well.
    - Another problem is about Asus ROG Gaming Center. I've installed it from the site but version provided there does not show me any information about CPU or GPU or anything else... I've downloaded an another version from the internet witch shoes informations about CPU and GPU but tabs are a bit not fitted to the image 🤪
    - One more queation: is there possible to control FANS Speed?

THX alot guys! Can't wait to see your answers! 😁

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Perry1 View Post
    Hello guys!

Recently, I bought a brand new gaming laptop Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GM.
    Specs:

- Is it normal that I have 45°C idle temperatures with an ambient temperature of 23°C?
    In full load(test with Prime95), there is no problem(I guess) and it's like 80°C MAX
    - I have a problem installing all needed drivers. I say this 'coz my ROG button and FAN button are not working, but all other FN keys are working well.
    - Another problem is about Asus ROG Gaming Center. I've installed it from the site but version provided there does not show me any information about CPU or GPU or anything else... I've downloaded an another version from the internet witch shoes informations about CPU and GPU but tabs are a bit not fitted to the image 🤪

Same issue now i faced.i noticed that errors came out after windows 10 update.Now my GL703GM had no function all FN keys and ROG button.Anyone know how to solve , pls share the knowledge

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Perry1 View Post
    Hello guys!

Specs:

Hey, I am using a similar laptop, GL703GS.
    About the temps, even I am getting the same around 40-45C under normal use i.e. browsing and watching online videos, though the fan is loud often.

Regarding the drivers, you can try uninstalling them completely, restart, check again in C drive, manually delete any files or folders (obviously not the Windows related essential ones) and then go to https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/
    select your model and OS and install all required. Hopefully this solves your driver issues. Do restart whenever it asks to for the drivers.

As far as i know, you can change the fan settings/speed from the ROG Gaming Center, once u get that working successfully. It seems like your gaming center is not installed properly which is making your fan button not working properly.

Hope this helps

Regards

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi all,
    I had trouble installing all drivers as well.
    get all from https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/...Desk_Download/ (install chipset first)
    After installing ROG Gaming Center, install from Microsoft Store:
    Rog Aura CORE - keyboard lights ( NOT ROG Aura - that's for individual light keys),
    Asus keyboard hotkeys - osd for Fn keys (and functions?)
    get intel update agent
    get asus update assistant
    try using iobit driver booster

For high CPU temp i undervolt with throttle stop:
    -333mV CPU Core
    -125mV CPU Cache
    Power max 100
    Short Power max 150
    and i got checked just BD PROCHOT
    Windows Power settings set to balanced !
    Temp idle : 35-45 C. full 75 - 80 C
    Cinebench score ~1175
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cb.PNG 
Views:	114 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	77742
    Last edited by marius88cc; 12-22-2018 at 01:51 PM. Reason: correction and add photo

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H (310)
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

For the GL703Gx series, to fix Fn keys not working (and no pop-up visual feedback) try downloading from MS Store: ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys
    Last edited by hexaae; 12-27-2018 at 03:13 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have GL703GM and sometimes, the keyboard color is reseting from the white single color to default colors in 4 zone.
    Sometimes in Windows mode, sometimes after Power on.
    Installed and reinstalled the AURA CORE but this issue appear in the next day.

I think the AURA CORE driver has bugs. Must be updated by ASUS.

I use Win10 x64 v1803. If the Windows is updated to v1809 the brightness of my keyboard not working anymore. Must be reinstalled again.

But waht about the color reset ?

Please help me asap and please read this article from this website:
    https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...sing-settings/
    Last edited by GeoBRB; 03-19-2019 at 08:52 PM.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

I had similar issue with my GL703GS: I updated AURA Core Service but didn't fix leds getting stuck from time to time (default I suppose).
    What solved the issue for me was UNINSTALLING "ROG Aura Core" UWP and RE-INSTALLING it from the MS Store (I noticed the one on the store was "installed" but not "bought").
    Probably the version on the store is newer. Never had issues anymore with keyboard leds since 2 weeks ago, when I installed MS Store version.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    I had similar issue with my GL703GS: I updated AURA Core Service but didn't fix leds getting stuck from time to time (default I suppose).
    What solved the issue for me was UNINSTALLING "ROG Aura Core" UWP and RE-INSTALLING it from the MS Store (I noticed the one on the store was "installed" but not "bought").
    Probably the version on the store is newer. Never had issues anymore with keyboard leds since 2 weeks ago, when I installed MS Store version.
    I have installed the Microsoft store version, is working fine. The keyboard color not reseting to the default after every restart or after evry shut down, but sometimes after a day, or two...

I think the registry are affected if I use some clean registry applications like Registry First Aid or Advanced SystemCare.
    If I use the CCleaner only, I don't have any issue I mean the CCleaner is the only one installed. The FAST BOOT is disabled by me after the first installation of Windows.

Anyway I have a clean Acronis backup of Windows. I can restore the backup anytime ;
    Last edited by GeoBRB; 03-20-2019 at 05:18 AM.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

DO NOT USE REGISTRY CLEANERS: they do nothing from a performance point of view, and can potentially delete useful keys. Do never use them, it's just marketing, believe me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    DO NOT USE REGISTRY CLEANERS: they do nothing from a performance point of view, and can potentially delete useful keys. Do never use them, it's just marketing, believe me.
    Removed Aura Core from the Microsoft Store and installed ROG Aura Core & Aura Sync V2.5.

I think is working fine. I test this for a week...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast