cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL703GM - Might have some driver issues

Perry1
Level 7
Hello guys!

Nice to be part of a community like this!

Recently, I bought a brand new gaming laptop Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GM.
Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 8750h
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
MEM: SSD 128GB + HDD 1TB
DISPLAY: 17.3", 120Hz

Ok. I have the following problems and questions:
- Is it normal that I have 45°C idle temperatures with an ambient temperature of 23°C?
In full load(test with Prime95), there is no problem(I guess) and it's like 80°C MAX
- I have a problem installing all needed drivers. I say this 'coz my ROG button and FAN button are not working, but all other FN keys are working well.
- Another problem is about Asus ROG Gaming Center. I've installed it from the site but version provided there does not show me any information about CPU or GPU or anything else... I've downloaded an another version from the internet witch shoes informations about CPU and GPU but tabs are a bit not fitted to the image 浪
- One more queation: is there possible to control FANS Speed?

THX alot guys! Can't wait to see your answers! 
11 REPLIES 11

tap002
Level 9
Temps normal for GL series. (you'll find a lot of forum posts about running hot and cooling)
I've seen other forum post about ROG button???
C drive has folder "eSupport" (you should back it up) run AsInsWiz.exe if there are any drivers not installed they will show up with a checkbox, install. The eSupport folder will have folders with the original, individual driver and program installers. Check and try running gaming center from there.
There is a windows store app Asus Keyboard Hotkeys, for your fn keys on top of all your keyboard drivers. (seems your problem is more specific, but try)
There are three basic fan settings, through fn keys or gaming center.

Concerning gaming center: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105046-Attention-Asus-ROG-Gaming-Center-V2-5-7-for-GL703GE... Out of curiosity I downloaded gaming center from your support page and your installer does not have a XLM file at all. (check your eSupport folder).
{I CANNOT HONESTLY SAY THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM} You can download the ISO from the german support site linked to; mount ISO open eSupport folder and check the gaming center installer for it's XLM file, Try that gaming center installer. (that ISO could contain drivers and programs not intended for your model). Your gaming center will look something like this, Tabs may vary depending on your model.

waiyan
Level 7
Perry1 wrote:
Hello guys!

Recently, I bought a brand new gaming laptop Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GM.
Specs:

- Is it normal that I have 45°C idle temperatures with an ambient temperature of 23°C?
In full load(test with Prime95), there is no problem(I guess) and it's like 80°C MAX
- I have a problem installing all needed drivers. I say this 'coz my ROG button and FAN button are not working, but all other FN keys are working well.
- Another problem is about Asus ROG Gaming Center. I've installed it from the site but version provided there does not show me any information about CPU or GPU or anything else... I've downloaded an another version from the internet witch shoes informations about CPU and GPU but tabs are a bit not fitted to the image 浪

Same issue now i faced.i noticed that errors came out after windows 10 update.Now my GL703GM had no function all FN keys and ROG button.Anyone know how to solve , pls share the knowledge

subhomoymukherj
Level 8
Perry1 wrote:
Hello guys!

Specs:

Hey, I am using a similar laptop, GL703GS.
About the temps, even I am getting the same around 40-45C under normal use i.e. browsing and watching online videos, though the fan is loud often.

Regarding the drivers, you can try uninstalling them completely, restart, check again in C drive, manually delete any files or folders (obviously not the Windows related essential ones) and then go to https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/
select your model and OS and install all required. Hopefully this solves your driver issues. Do restart whenever it asks to for the drivers.

As far as i know, you can change the fan settings/speed from the ROG Gaming Center, once u get that working successfully. It seems like your gaming center is not installed properly which is making your fan button not working properly.

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards

marius88cc
Level 7
Hi all,
I had trouble installing all drivers as well.
get all from https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/GL703GM/HelpDesk_Download/ (install chipset first)
After installing ROG Gaming Center, install from Microsoft Store:
Rog Aura CORE - keyboard lights ( NOT ROG Aura - that's for individual light keys),
Asus keyboard hotkeys - osd for Fn keys (and functions?)
get intel update agent
get asus update assistant
try using iobit driver booster

For high CPU temp i undervolt with throttle stop:
-333mV CPU Core
-125mV CPU Cache
Power max 100
Short Power max 150
and i got checked just BD PROCHOT
Windows Power settings set to balanced !
Temp idle : 35-45 C. full 75 - 80 C
Cinebench score ~1175

hexaae
Level 12
For the GL703Gx series, to fix Fn keys not working (and no pop-up visual feedback) try downloading from MS Store: ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

I have GL703GM and sometimes, the keyboard color is reseting from the white single color to default colors in 4 zone.
Sometimes in Windows mode, sometimes after Power on.
Installed and reinstalled the AURA CORE but this issue appear in the next day.

I think the AURA CORE driver has bugs. Must be updated by ASUS.

I use Win10 x64 v1803. If the Windows is updated to v1809 the brightness of my keyboard not working anymore. Must be reinstalled again.

But waht about the color reset ?

Please help me asap and please read this article from this website:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841387-asus-aura-losing-settings/

hexaae
Level 12
I had similar issue with my GL703GS: I updated AURA Core Service but didn't fix leds getting stuck from time to time (default I suppose).
What solved the issue for me was UNINSTALLING "ROG Aura Core" UWP and RE-INSTALLING it from the MS Store (I noticed the one on the store was "installed" but not "bought").
Probably the version on the store is newer. Never had issues anymore with keyboard leds since 2 weeks ago, when I installed MS Store version.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

hexaae wrote:
I had similar issue with my GL703GS: I updated AURA Core Service but didn't fix leds getting stuck from time to time (default I suppose).
What solved the issue for me was UNINSTALLING "ROG Aura Core" UWP and RE-INSTALLING it from the MS Store (I noticed the one on the store was "installed" but not "bought").
Probably the version on the store is newer. Never had issues anymore with keyboard leds since 2 weeks ago, when I installed MS Store version.

I have installed the Microsoft store version, is working fine. The keyboard color not reseting to the default after every restart or after evry shut down, but sometimes after a day, or two...

I think the registry are affected if I use some clean registry applications like Registry First Aid or Advanced SystemCare.
If I use the CCleaner only, I don't have any issue 🙂 I mean the CCleaner is the only one installed. The FAST BOOT is disabled by me after the first installation of Windows.

Anyway I have a clean Acronis backup of Windows. I can restore the backup anytime ;;)

hexaae
Level 12
DO NOT USE REGISTRY CLEANERS: they do nothing from a performance point of view, and can potentially delete useful keys. Do never use them, it's just marketing, believe me.
--