cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG348Q Flickering / Turning on and off

ermin1012
Level 7
Hi, hate to drop in to the forms for issue, but I see no other way around it since I tried troubleshooting my self.

Whenever my brand spanking new pg348q is connected to DP (via mini DP to output) screen turns off and back on for a spit second (it happens from time to time).
I have tried 3 different cables, these two from amazon:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B073RHDR5K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00YOQYQWY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

third one was from http://notebooksbilliger.de and I do not have link for that one.

When Monitor is connected to HDMI there is no issues whatsoever, but I am stuck at 50hz with that resolution.

I cannot use DP cable provided in package, because I am connecting this monitor to a laptop.

Laptop is Razer Blade 15 (1070 version)

i do not mind buying another cable, but please keep it in EU if possible at all... I hate waiting for a long time on things..

Holy mother of God! The support in Germany has no idea what they are talking about...
Has no idea how much data can be transfered via DP or HDMI...
Than telling me to use it as 60hz monitor?!... If I wanted that why would I pay 1000€ for 100hz advertised monitor...
Than telling me how it is not compatible to my razer blade 15, because razer has mini DP....

Here is hope that Forum people are better educated than support...
3 REPLIES 3

stewart_1
Level 8
Can please describe the behavior you're seeing in more detail. e.g. Does this happen when under load (gaming for example)? Or just at random intervals, startup etc. Also can you confirm that the problem only exists when the monitor is overclocked to 100Hz.

stewart@asus wrote:
Can please describe the behavior you're seeing in more detail. e.g. Does this happen when under load (gaming for example)? Or just at random intervals, startup etc. Also can you confirm that the problem only exists when the monitor is overclocked to 100Hz.

It happens from time to time at 60hz at 50hz it is not happening or when it is connected via HDMI it is not happening.
It is happening more when GSYNC is active. Now I am waiting for new cable to come (Payed 40€ for that sucker) and I was assured it should be more than enough to sustain this monitor via miniDP to DP. If that does not work and I cannot find solution I am afraid I will have to return it and replace it with competition... I am still within 30 day return policy of Media Markt. And having any issues for 1000€ monitor is simply unacceptable for me.

And i noticed a strange thing... altho I am not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me: When I move my chair, or if is move my self suddenly it tends to happen as well. It is not reporoducable and it could be that it is just in my mind... but whenever I have prolonged session or come from being away for lets say more than 15 minutes it happens as I sit or stand up...

Rudy_AZ
Level 7

I'm having the exact same problem! 

DP 100Hz