cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Bag

PlutoSA
Level 7
Morning Gents / ladies.

I got myself a G74SX last week friday and you can colour me impressed. I'm loving this thing, there's just one snag: I can't damn well find a decent bag for it. The only bag I've found I'm not happy with. Any recommendations?

I'm in South Africa, so it'd have to be an online retailer that can deliver to this side of the world.

Thanks for the help!
9 REPLIES 9

Kanigit
Level 8
Join the club. I am still looking with no luck other than maybe the branded ROG shuttle bag. I am not real keen on paying $109 for a backpack to be honest. Also, even though I am a ROG fan, I dont really want to lug around a backpack that advertises what I am carrying for people to key in on. I want something a little less obvious and not shouting "GAMING LAPTOP IN HERE, STEAL ME!"
G74sx-NH71
Intel Core i7 2670QM, 2.2Ghz
12GB Ram
500GB HDD @ 7200 rpm
Nvidia GTX 560m 3gb (285.79 driver)

fostert
Level 12
I have this: http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=894

Its all black and understated with no colour accents nor any details that its got an expensive notebook inside of it. Plus its cheaper, very comfortable (I like it since it sits flat against my back and doesn't protrude or bulge outwards and sag downwards), and has room for a lot of accessories: I carry two mice, power adaptor, external HDDs, extra cables, and some papers in it (no room for thick books though). Very streamlined, and again it is subtle.
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

Everki Titan. Worth every cent in my opinion.
G74sx i7 2670QM 2.2Ghz - 16 gigs of ram -- GeForce GTX 560 - Bios 203 -
Kingston HyperX 120gig SSD - Intel 6230 wireless card

Maxpedition Aggressor 🙂

i bought the one that came along with mine. it fits the bill and does its job
Dabigin on xbl and psn
Dabigin on stream
Republic of Gamers Laptop owner 2-11-2011
System:
Current System
GL703GE (Powered on 1/3/2019)
Old System
G74SX (Retired 12/20/2018)

foreveraclone wrote:
Maxpedition Aggressor 🙂

That sounds so... violent.
dabigin wrote:
i bought the one that came along with mine. it fits the bill and does its job
You mean the one linked above, the G73 bag? I ordered one through eBay; should be getting it in a short few days!

I had same dillema up until a few weeks ago. Im a computer science major and i take my laptop to/ around campus everyday. After reading hours of backpack reviews (i tend to procrastinate doing hw and do other **** lol) I decided on the Targus XL. Im happy with it only $50 on amazon.com and it holds my g74 perfectly and has room for a mouse, three text books, two binders, some food and a drink, my ac-adapter and i could easily fit more if i wanted.

Its a nice bag for the price and does the job i need it too. Only draw back is its size, if you just keep your laptop and a couple other things its not that bad, but if you carry around as much as i do everyday it looks huggge.
G75
-i7-3610QM -16GB DDR3
-256GB Patriot SSD -Nvidia GTX 670M 3GB
-1TB HHD Storage

mbart79 wrote:
Everki Titan. Worth every cent in my opinion.

and that will fit the asus g74sx
asus g74sx, windows 7,12gb ram,1tb memory

@n1ghtl1fe, who cares how it looks? I doubt that CS majors are out there trying to look stylish, but that's me (and I'm not a CS). If it carries everything you need, can you complain about forgetting something? 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23