ROG Member Array

ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL504GS XMP, memory support?

Hi,

This laptop doesn't seem to have any settings for XMP in BIOS, so is XMP supported at all?

Also what is the maximum speed of RAM the laptop supports?
    Main setup: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.8GHz + NZXT Kraken x72, ASUS Crosshair VI HERO, DDR4 3600MHz CL15 16GB @ 3400MHZ CL14, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD + 3TB external backup drive, ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti, Corsair Carbide Air 540 Silver, Corsair RM750 PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL504GS

ROG Member Array Deus Maximus PC Specs
    Deus Maximus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL504GS
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7820X
    Memory (part number)2x KHX3000C15/16GX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (A8G)
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS PG348Q
    Storage #12x 2TB Seagate HDD's, 1x 256GB Samsung 950 Pro, 1x512GB Samsung 960 Pro
    CPU CoolerNZXT X62
    CaseNZXT Noctis 450 ROG Edition
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova P2 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Headset Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterUnifi Security Gateway
    Accessory #1 Saitek X52
    Accessory #2 Xbox One Wireless Controller
    Accessory #3 Steam Wireless Controller

I've never heard of a laptop supporting XMP, let alone DDR4 SO-DIMMs coming with XMP support.

The maximum RAM speed is 2666. Depending on your luck, you either have one 16GB DDR4 2666 SO-DIMM, or two 8's. CPU-Z can tell you what you have.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Maximus View Post
    I've never heard of a laptop supporting XMP, let alone DDR4 SO-DIMMs coming with XMP support.

The maximum RAM speed is 2666. Depending on your luck, you either have one 16GB DDR4 2666 SO-DIMM, or two 8's. CPU-Z can tell you what you have.
    "F" mark for you, take your seat )

There is an XMP support, I did lot of research on GL504GS BIOS. But it's actually hidden)) That is why i'm asking.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos XMP.jpg  

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

If you have the tools for editing the BIOS, dump the bios using a flash programmer, edit it, flash it and see what happens.

ASUS probably locked out that feature for a reason, but if you wanna play around with it, that's the only solution. Do it at your own risk.
    You can also request a modded bios in the bios-mods.com forums.
    Good luck.

New ROGer Array

I'd have to agree. My Scar II came with a single stick of ram so I bought a dual channel kit that has a little better timings. running dual returned about a 35-40% performance yield but i'd love to see what it could do with the correct timings.

any idea why it would be disabled in the bios? I definitely have no intentions of overclocking a laptop. I just want to run that ram at its factory speeds.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by voightkamfferror View Post
    I'd have to agree. My Scar II came with a single stick of ram so I bought a dual channel kit that has a little better timings. running dual returned about a 35-40% performance yield but i'd love to see what it could do with the correct timings.

any idea why it would be disabled in the bios? I definitely have no intentions of overclocking a laptop. I just want to run that ram at its factory speeds.
    https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-REQUEST-GL504GS-BIOS-unlock please check my thread on Bios-Mods. We need to have modified BIOS for GL504GS, it seem ASUS will not update BIOS for GL504GS.