cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rma issue with ROG SWIFT PG278Q

chrisc90001
Level 7
I submitted my RMA, sent it in. I purchased a shipping label from them. They said it arrived scratched, sent me a blown up pictures of a single scratch. Denied my RMA for a scratch on the screen. It wasn't originally scratched and I could live with it if the monitor was working but they refuse to repair it. They said the LCD panel isn't broken but the only way they will fix it is if i paid $489 to replace the LCD panel and they will replace the dead main board. This is a expensive monitor and the repair cost is very close to what they sell for. Its ridiculously unfair that they plan on sending it back now scratched and dead as they originally received it when it should be covered by warranty. Anything I can do about this?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
You can start a thread in the service inquiries section:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?295
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Korth
Level 14
Just curious ... but what was wrong with your PG278Q, why did you want an RMA?

I only ask because *both* of my (Nov2014-dated) PG278Q monitors mysteriously blacked out within a week of each other fairly recently. Out of warranty so I recapped the transformer board, cleaned up lots of dust, tightened up the ribbons, fiddled around in the service menu, eventually got both monitors working again. Panels and driver boards were (are) still perfect, and surprisingly the ASUS-overclocked G-Sync module (which I had always expected would be the first point-of-failure) were still running full spec.

For me the problem was just old electrolytics, probably rated ~10000 hours or whatever, although mildly surprising two units should die so closely together after 4 years.

Any idea what went wrong with your Swift?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

It stopped powering on at random, my other 2 are working. Mine aren't 3 years old yet, the one that die and i sent in for repair was almost out of warranty as it happened. I still don't know if they are fixing it as of yet but last night they told me no. I been reaching out on social media and reddit seeing if someone will step in. Many people have posted ASUS damages their products during RMAs or flat out turns them down for silly reasons.

Korth wrote:
Just curious ... but what was wrong with your PG278Q, why did you want an RMA?

I only ask because *both* of my (Nov2014-dated) PG278Q monitors mysteriously blacked out within a week of each other fairly recently. Out of warranty so I recapped the transformer board, cleaned up lots of dust, tightened up the ribbons, fiddled around in the service menu, eventually got both monitors working again. Panels and driver boards were (are) still perfect, and surprisingly the ASUS-overclocked G-Sync module (which I had always expected would be the first point-of-failure) were still running full spec.

For me the problem was just old electrolytics, probably rated ~10000 hours or whatever, although mildly surprising two units should die so closely together after 4 years.

Any idea what went wrong with your Swift?