cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g703 Audio help, too low

jayjay07
Level 7
I need help bad im stressed i have the g703 just the other day I had the full audio with the subwoofers workng now its wwwaaayyy to low I did everything uninstall reinstall drivers
3 REPLIES 3

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Well what'd you change in the system.. :f Are you in the middle of a phone call? Windows reduces all sound by 80% when you do so.

Right click Speaker > Sound Mixer and check the levels.

Otherwise, check your Windows version, if you're 1809, it screws up your RealTek and you'll need to wait.

For my G752, my Microphone sounds like absolute ass, so I'll need to wait until Microsoft and RealTek have a chat.. which might be a while.

You COULD possibly reinstall Win10 and block updates to it, wait for something better than 1809..

Darnassus wrote:
...Otherwise, check your Windows version, if you're 1809, it screws up your RealTek and you'll need to wait.
...You COULD possibly reinstall Win10 and block updates to it, wait for something better than 1809..

m8... MS just released the latest CU yesterday that upgrade 1809 to 17763.134.
Also they re-released the Sep update ISO with 17763.107 - so at least the file wipe issue was solved when upgrading.

now.. about audio not working after upgrade - it isn't something that ONLY happens with 1809 upgrade... it can happen after ANY win10 upgrade.
the solution is simple: go into device manager -> uninstall the audio driver ( DO NOT tick the "delete driver as well" when being asked ) -> then "scan for changes" -> windows will reinstall the audio driver and it should work right after a reboot.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

My G752VSK experience with Windows 10 version 1809 and Realtek drivers was the inability to use the Sonic Studio Suite. I found that I needed to return to the Realtek audio and Sonic Studio Suite programs found in the eSupport folder. Once I installed the original ASUS supplied programs, I was then able to upgrade to the latest Realtek software (6.0.1.8443) and Sonic Studio Suite (3.6.42.51937) programs. Result - everything works now with ROG Gaming Center 2.5.10.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server