cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange boot problem with IX formula

article15
Level 7
Dear forum,

just bought my maximus IX formula. and everything seems perfect. but i have strange problem. maybe someone can tell me so
1st when i go with cold boot from zero, mb boots up got 1 boot beep i can see b2 and 99 on post code but ı cant get any screen. even i can see from hdd led that windows booting. when i heard first boot beep sound i go with reset button then same procedure, bam ıve got screen.
also my gpu works at x8 gen 2. tried to dısable all power savings from bios even force to gen 3 but nothings changed. start to think about maybe any defect with first pcie slot? all my devices pass any kınd stress and bench tests wıthout problems. was able test my rams cpu and gpu at another system. nothing lıke that happens.
at latest 1301 bıos.
Tried to talk with our countries Asus service but as for them this is normal behavior. then i dont know anythink about this tech.
Any ıdeas?
thnx
3 REPLIES 3

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
is not a normal issues, sorry ASUS. These is going to be a long shot here. Do you have any nvme or raid configuracions?

IF NOT

I ned to know, on you led, It have 4 (CPU (RED) ,DRAM YELLOW ,VGA (WHITE),BOOT (YELLOW or GREEN) are on when you turn your computer on. B2 mean that you have legacy driver install. not a problem UNLESS is stock there! 99 mean SUper IO initializacion, congrats. you are on bios.

Taking that out, UNLESS the error code are stock on boot. with a led on. and BTW the BOOT LED in white, will be on, IF you are bios. I will recomend these.

1. unplug all. JUST keep the boot drive monitor, mouse.
2. download again the bios 1301 and, in manual, page that i do not remember, there is a name that you have to rename the file. IS A MOST.
3. take that usb and put it on the back here it say BIOS. should be visible clear where.
4. re flash the bios. (tun off the computer) and on top there is a bottom name USB BIOS flashback press that untill start flashing green and let it go. take a coffee and krakers and wait until stop flashing. it will flash faster and faster until finish.
5. enter bios and see is that resolve your issue.

IF NOT. let see what else can be done.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

thnx for reply PMItzycharles,

and yes i have 2 raid 0 config. but no nvme.,and for the lights no there is non stays on.
every time ive boot the mb i can see same numbers on code either i get screen or not.
also tried with on board hdmi and dp without gpu mb doesn't does that. every time i can get screen.
also i tries few different versions of bios and latest at last again. all had the same issiue. also ive tried almost all gpu stress and benchmark s non of was able to run pcie at x16 with gen3. even i was tried to boot with only keyboard gpu with Gandalf win10 pe still the same results.
by the way i cant get any screen at all from second pcie. not sure if i can or not with out dual gpu config but at the end it seems dead to me.
really start to be suspicious about pciex lines.
thnx again.

article15 wrote:
thnx for reply PMItzycharles,

and yes i have 2 raid 0 config. but no nvme.,and for the lights no there is non stays on.
every time ive boot the mb i can see same numbers on code either i get screen or not.
also tried with on board hdmi and dp without gpu mb doesn't does that. every time i can get screen.
also i tries few different versions of bios and latest at last again. all had the same issiue. also ive tried almost all gpu stress and benchmark s non of was able to run pcie at x16 with gen3. even i was tried to boot with only keyboard gpu with Gandalf win10 pe still the same results.
by the way i cant get any screen at all from second pcie. not sure if i can or not with out dual gpu config but at the end it seems dead to me.
really start to be suspicious about pciex lines.
thnx again.

Go to a friend house and test the gpu. if all is ok. and the board still in warranty, RMA it!
Learn, Play Enjoy!