Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Save your OC settings, you may need to write them down as I am going to ask you to re-flash your bios. Basically I am wondering if there is a bit of scrambled code and this is messing with how your system speaks to the hardware. A bios flash will sort that out most times.
    I could do that but whats the point of it? I updated my bios to asus latest version (3802v) last week when i started the OC process so a reflash would be useless i guess unless i am missing smth.
    Last edited by mrfrank; 11-16-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrfrank View Post
    I reverted RAM to its stock timers and everything, and today while I was working I got a BSOD with the following code:
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
    Code:
     BugcheckCode 292 
      BugcheckParameter1 0x0 
      BugcheckParameter2 0xffff878de0ace028 
      BugcheckParameter3 0xbe000000 
      BugcheckParameter4 0x800400 
      SleepInProgress 0 
      PowerButtonTimestamp 0 
      BootAppStatus 0 
      Checkpoint 0 
      ConnectedStandbyInProgress false 
      SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0 
      CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0 
      BugcheckInfoFromEFI false 
      CheckpointStatus 0 
    So my next move was to increase CPU Voltage by 0.05. Currently running on Adaptive 1.34 and 4.6Ghz on my I7 6700k. Maybe my CPU OC was not so stable afterall even if it passed almost all benchmarks. Let's see...

WHEA is normally insufficient vcore, yes. Please note that stock for memory is defaults (2133MHz), and not XMP settings. I'd recommend increasing vcore by 20mV, though.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrfrank View Post
    I could do that but whats the point of it? I updated my bios to asus latest version (3802v) last week when i started the OC process so a reflash would be useless i guess unless i am missing smth.
    Yes you are missing something. Sometimes when you flash your bios the flash process can scramble a line or two of code. Or a line or two of code was messed up when the bios was unpacked, downloaded or what ever. Have seen it 100s of times my friend. Even when everything associated with a bios flash is perfect there is the possibility of corruption. Most of the time if this has happened, a reflash sorts the problem out.

So it is your call at the end of the day. You state that you did not have issues prior to overclocking, and that you only started to OC after updating the bios. Your system has some error even when at stock. So what is left that is different or new? The bios flash.

If you revert to your previous bios, have a quick play with that bios. It may just be that your setup works best with that particular bios. Just as Nick found that his memory worked best with the original shipping bios and not the newest one for his board.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Yes you are missing something. Sometimes when you flash your bios the flash process can scramble a line or two of code. Or a line or two of code was messed up when the bios was unpacked, downloaded or what ever. Have seen it 100s of times my friend. Even when everything associated with a bios flash is perfect there is the possibility of corruption. Most of the time if this has happened, a reflash sorts the problem out.

So it is your call at the end of the day. You state that you did not have issues prior to overclocking, and that you only started to OC after updating the bios. Your system has some error even when at stock. So what is left that is different or new? The bios flash.

If you revert to your previous bios, have a quick play with that bios. It may just be that your setup works best with that particular bios. Just as Nick found that his memory worked best with the original shipping bios and not the newest one for his board.
    I downgraded BIOS to my default version (1302) and running on exactly same CPU OC settings on my I7 6700k right now which are:

Loaded Asus Optimized Defaults
    46 Core Ratio Limit
    CPU SVID Support: Enabled
    TPU II (since I have Kraken watercooling)
    Min/Max CPU Cache Ratio: 42
    CPU Core/Cache Voltages: Adaptive
    Offset: +
    Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage: 1.345
    IA AC Load Line: 0.01
    IA DC Load Line: 0.01
    LLC: Level 5
    Current Capability: 130%

Let's see how it goes, unless you have any warnings/points on my current settings, I am more than happy to hear! Thank you for help.
    Last edited by mrfrank; 11-17-2018 at 10:11 AM.

ROG Member Array

No error/bsod so far but screen flashed black for 0.5 second 2 or 3 times today and it's not cable issue.
    I have a sense that it's happening only when there are videos or flash player running but I can not reproduce it so I can not be sure. For example I am running youtube videos right now and it's not happening ever, but it might happen suddenly one time and that's it. It's so annoying and weird.
    Last edited by mrfrank; 11-17-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Hello there - right the fact we have no issues being reported is a win.

The flashing points to VGA - either the software/drivers or something connected to the card itself. That can be tested by doing graphic card stress test. Or if it happens so seldom simply ignore and enjoy your system.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Hello there - right the fact we have no issues being reported is a win.

The flashing points to VGA - either the software/drivers or something connected to the card itself. That can be tested by doing graphic card stress test. Or if it happens so seldom simply ignore and enjoy your system.
    I have latest NVIDIA drivers and I am using HDMI and DVI ports for my 2 monitors. Also yeah its very rare and I can't even reproduce it somehow.
    By the way, CPU OC seems to be stable, I will give it a bit more to be 100% sure of course, however I was wondering what you suggest me to do from now on to even improve it like lowering the voltages or LLC or smth else I could try before I go to RAM OC? I was also thinking to go for 4.7k but that would need at least 1.4V so I am not sure if it's worth it.

Save your profile in bios as it is now.

Then go into bios and simply increase all cores to 47
    leave the rest alone and F10 and enter.

See what happens mate. I will be around for most of today so we can sort if you run into issues you can not solve.

But as I said in another thread folks look for complication and almost need to have a complicated process of doing stuff. Especially OC a system - well it does not need to be the case. I benched pro for years and kept it simple. Only in those rare occasions that you need to really get into the fine tuning of a system was it needed.

So give it a go and let me know how your temps, and what your voltages report as when setting 47x in the manner I have suggested.

ROG Member Array

Save your profile in bios as it is now.

Then go into bios and simply increase all cores to 47
    leave the rest alone and F10 and enter.

See what happens mate. I will be around for most of today so we can sort if you run into issues you can not solve.

But as I said in another thread folks look for complication and almost need to have a complicated process of doing stuff. Especially OC a system - well it does not need to be the case. I benched pro for years and kept it simple. Only in those rare occasions that you need to really get into the fine tuning of a system was it needed.

So give it a go and let me know how your temps, and what your voltages report as when setting 47x in the manner I have suggested.
    Also what about this? Min/Max CPU Cache Ratio: 42
    I've heard lots of people trying to increase in order to match CPU Core and some others decrease cause it caused them issues.

Over complicated for what we want right now.

Lets just see what is possible first then you can mess with settings that are simply there to offer customer control.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast