Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    ROG Member Array

Cool Hi

Quote Originally Posted by lizthe View Post
    hi Mariner can i ask you in wich "set menu-suboption" you changed this value?
    is that voltage for CPU or DRAM?
    you can find how to change the value in this topic .
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...X-Hero-WIFI-AC

- "Extreme Tweaker" Tab > scroll down, you will see "CPU VCCIO Voltage" and "CPU System Agent Voltage" both located under "DRAM Voltage".

- After you enable XMP profile, ASUS will automatically set these voltages a little too high. You can reduce it.
    - I'm using G.SKILL RGB 16*2 3200 Mhz CL14, i currently use 1.10 for VCCIO and 1.15 for VCCSA.
    ***I did not OC my CPU (9700K), so you may find different values that suite your need.
    Last edited by Mariner_Mark_II; 04-03-2019 at 03:35 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner_Mark_II View Post
    you can find how to change the value in this topic .
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...X-Hero-WIFI-AC

- "Extreme Tweaker" Tab > scroll down, you will see "CPU VCCIO Voltage" and "CPU System Agent Voltage" both located under "DRAM Voltage".

- After you enable XMP profile, ASUS will automatically set these voltages a little too high. You can reduce it.
    - I'm using G.SKILL RGB 16*2 3200 Mhz CL14, i currently use 1.10 for VCCIO and 1.15 for VCCSA.
    ***I did not OC my CPU (9700K), so you may find different values that suite your need.
    actually i disabled XMP exactly becouse i tought it would cause this issues , i will try this settings and let you know just trying to undervoltage the CPU and see what happens
    thank you for now

p.s. are you using a Z270-WS or XI-HERO?

ROG Member Array

actually i disabled XMP exactly becouse i tought it would cause this issues , i will try this settings and let you know just trying to undervoltage the CPU and see what happens
    thank you for now

p.s. are you using a Z270-WS or XI-HERO?

nothing to do .. i suppose you are using another becouse i do not have VCCSA
    i can modify only VCCIO but if i try to modify it i can only have as a result maybe 4 boot retries instead of 3

Moheban if you can save your bios settings into a file and also the flashed bios file i could try it
    thank you

ROG Member Array

Cool Hi

nothing to do .. i suppose you are using another becouse i do not have VCCSA
    i can modify only VCCIO but if i try to modify it i can only have as a result maybe 4 boot retries instead of 3

Moheban if you can save your bios settings into a file and also the flashed bios file i could try it
    thank you
    May be this method work just for me.
    I'm using Maximus XI Hero wifi, with Bios version 0903.

VCCSA should be called "CPU System Agent Voltage" in ASUS bios.
    Last edited by Mariner_Mark_II; 04-04-2019 at 06:01 PM.

ROG Member Array

I enabled MRC fast boot and fast boot in the BIOS boot settings, hoping that it would prevent the MB from "double booting" after power-loss but this had no effect. I also received the information this is normal but coming from another mainboard that did not do this, I also find it a bit strange. It "feels" like something is wrong when you boot the PC. I would prefer a single boot but I might just have to get use to it... if this is the new normal.
    Last edited by Joachim_Joe; 04-05-2019 at 05:35 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just wanted to follow up and report that the Z270-WS motherboard is piece of garbage. I don't know who the bios engineers are but they suck. Turns out the reason that my board started straight up into windows was that I had accidentally set the memory to its base frequency by setting the divider to '100:100'. Made a few changes including turning on 'ERP', setting PCI-E slot to 2X operation, and setting my ram to its XMP speed of 2666 mhz manually and now it takes seven times to go on and off!

SEVEN Times!!!! After first three it shut itself off to the point I had to press power button again! Then another four times! Completely Fn unbelieveable!

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by moheban79 View Post
    Just wanted to follow up and report that the Z270-WS motherboard is piece of garbage. I don't know who the bios engineers are but they suck. Turns out the reason that my board started straight up into windows was that I had accidentally set the memory to its base frequency by setting the divider to '100:100'. Made a few changes including turning on 'ERP', setting PCI-E slot to 2X operation, and setting my ram to its XMP speed of 2666 mhz manually and now it takes seven times to go on and off!

SEVEN Times!!!! After first three it shut itself off to the point I had to press power button again! Then another four times! Completely Fn unbelieveable!
    The behavior you are describing is NOT the cold boot/multi boot routine associated with the M11 Z390 motherboards. *Based on what you describe it sounds more like major general instability. You would have to post all your hardware specs and settings to get help. *Best on another thread to get specific help.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by moheban79 View Post

Hi
    i do not thinkk is "a piece of garbage" ...... i suppose that is an extreme attempt of this "advanced MB" to BOOT in any case
    the point is that is "too complicated to be configured" and are there TOO MANY "AUTO parameters" that also an experienced user could have big difficult to handle
    what is very "bad" is the assistance from the producer with no support at all or with superficial behavior
    in my story...... i had 2 MB new Z270WS acting like this , the first way of the support was "maybe is a defective lot" ........after weeks and after the arrival of a 3th MB with the same defect they "solved my issue" within a "the tecnician from tested the MB and said THAT after a power LOSS that behavior IS NORMAL"

sorry if this is the Maximus thread but i think that the "point of the question" is exactly the same
    this is really unacceptable
    i can undestand that they cannot help each customer to configure the MB but atleast give us a manual or some "directions"

p.s. in my case , after this attempts ....... the SYSTEM is STABLE , this is why the tecnicians told me ......"it is normal" ....with no possibility to ask one more RMA for the second MB
    Last edited by lizthe; 04-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Asus Maximus XI Exreme

Smart self test ''OFF'' - solve the problem

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi.

After few months of working normally my Maximus XI Hero (i9 9900k, Tridentz 3866MHz) started to reboot few times on boot and finally with POST message MemoryOK shown (then I have to go into the BIOS - sometimes nothing was changed!). MemOK! switching off solves the problem but I'm not sure it is good solution... Another issue is in MODE 1 I'm able to run my RAM over 4000+ but WINRAR fails (while Karhu test pass). In MODE 2 when RAM is set to 4000+ BIOS incorrectly sets sub-timmings what results in RAM bandwith massive drops. I thing there is a general problem with Maximus XI or BIOS RAM compatibility...

If anyone from ASUS dev team is looking here I can provide any needed info or run any tests to diagnose issues, especially these two I've mentioned above (WinRAR and bandwith drops).
    Last edited by cniedzi; 06-10-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6