cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird problem with aura+ G.Skill trident Z RGB

Raphael_Mustang
Level 7
hi guys, i have a weird problem wince a week ago, and even bios update did not help, from the past week my mainboard started to do some crazy stuff, first two times in a row when i restarted the PC it gave me a message telling me it's updating RGB LED firmware, then now most of the times when i install or run asus aura, some of my memory modules will not sync with others, sometimes 2, sometimes 4, sometimes more, but most of the times it's two of them, one from each side.

like there is everything synced in there, except some of ram's, i have rampage VI extreme, 64GB trident z RGB 3200MHZ, intel i7 7820x, GTX 1080 strix SLI 2x.

i checked in aura they are added and they should be synced, i tried new OS, problem persists, restarting the lighting service sometimes work, only sometimes, i tried clean install of almost everything, unsync and sync memories also does not work.

so here is the question, how do i fix this? anyone had this problem before? is it possible to manually update RGB firmware again to see if the problem is solved? i already have installed 1503 Bios version.
8 REPLIES 8

Hopper64
Level 15
That's probably aura itself causing the issue. I had that message about bios updating LED firmware until I uninstalled aura and used aura cleaner. I have downloaded and installed the latest version without major issues, but I'm not trying to sync my memory as you are. The latest aura version has specific instructions on installation. You have to right click on the executable first with run as administrator which uninstalls old versions and reboot. Then you can install the new version using the same procedure (V1.07.22). That may fix your issue.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

thanks buddy, and done, i posted the same topic in there, hope i can fix this problem because it's pretty annoying when something like this just refuses to work or show any sign of where the problem might be.

Raphael_Mustang
Level 7
thanks for the replay man, i also tried installing the new version, still nothing, i tried aura cleaner, administrator and almost anything i could think of, after shutting down the system and turning it up again, not restart, problem might be solved, or appear again, so when the memories are off completely, it's like a reset, and a gamble of seeing the issue again or not till i turn it off again.

Hopper64
Level 15
Strange. You might post in the software forum too to see if someone there has any suggestions. There's a sticky at the top there:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?205-ASUS-Software
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64
Level 15
Let us know how you fixed it.

Raphael_Mustang
Level 7
sure, so far no replay from anyone, after shutting the system down, sometimes it will be fixed, sometimes it comes back, but i can't find the reason, exact reason, and how to fix it. but if i reset the service in windows, it has a chance to fix it, if it can fix it on the first try it will, if not, no matter how many times i reset the service, it will stay broken.

thr23
Level 9
yea i had the same thing, but the new Aura seems to have fixed it mostly.
BUT when I had this problem, it was due to some kind of interaction with Corsair's iCUE software, maybe that's the culprit in your case as well.

Raphael_Mustang
Level 7
hmmm i'm not sure, i will test it, but i think i had the problem even without corsair iCUE, but thanks for the info, i will try it.