cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Guide] Asus GL703GE - How to reinstall ROG Aura Core

Astroke67
Level 8
Hi there,
I'm Daniele from Italy and this is my first topic here.
I had some problems with the re-installation of the ROG Aura Core.

I see that on the Microsoft Store there's a lot of bad reviews on the ROG Aura Core Page - of course because it will not work without the Aura Service.

So, here is the correct instruction that worked for my GL703GE.

1) Download the .zip ( here: https://mega.nz/#!41xzHSbB!M_f1TaI96NgfxAd9Jm7erPlYTskzmAJMRr65vLdpxYc )
2) Extract the files.
3) Go in \LightingService and double-click the AuraServiceSetup.exe
4) Download the ROG Aura Core sw from Microsoft Store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/rog-aura-core/9pg5q8nsf0zc?activetab=pivot:overviewtab)
5) Restart the PC.
6) Everything should work now!
7) If you want, feel free to update it. Download the update from the official driver page https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL703/HelpDesk_Download/

(I uploaded the .zip file on mega.co.nz - if you want another host just let me know and i'll reupload it 😮 )

I hope it will help!
Bye :cool:
9 REPLIES 9

Giordix123
Level 7
Ciao Daniele, grazie delle informazioni.

Are you sure that after the step you wrote, the problem of the backlight keyboard disappear?
I have made the step that you wrote some days before, but nothing change...

When wake the computer after the while, the keyboard remains dark until you start the Aura App ...

Giordix123 wrote:
Ciao Daniele, grazie delle informazioni.

Are you sure that after the step you wrote, the problem of the backlight keyboard disappear?
I have made the step that you wrote some days before, but nothing change...

When wake the computer after the while, the keyboard remains dark until you start the Aura App ...

For the backlight disappear you have to perform another action (the instruction of the topic it's for the complete reinstallation of the service/sw).
So, follow this steps:
ctrl+alt+canc > startup > select "Aura Core Listener" and disable it.

After that everything should be ok (at the moment it's two days without any issues) :rolleyes:

Astroke67 wrote:

So, follow this steps:
ctrl+alt+canc > startup > select "Aura Core Listener" and disable it.

After that everything should be ok (at the moment it's two days without any issues) :rolleyes:

Done, and in a lot of case, the backlight return but non ever. In two cases the backlight doesn't turn on....
Misteri di Asus!

Another problem that I have is that on Gaming center, the ROg Aura button is in "None" instead of some aura preset like customize1 or 2 or 3; this means that I can't switch the backlight color without open again the ROG Aura app. I have tried a clean installation but nothing change...

Giordix123 wrote:
Done, and in a lot of case, the backlight return but non ever. In two cases the backlight doesn't turn on....
Misteri di Asus!

Another problem that I have is that on Gaming center, the ROg Aura button is in "None" instead of some aura preset like customize1 or 2 or 3; this means that I can't switch the backlight color without open again the ROG Aura app. I have tried a clean installation but nothing change...

Non pensavo fossero così problematici!

Did you try to unistall the AuraService too? (from the control panel)

Astroke67 wrote:

Did you try to unistall the AuraService too? (from the control panel)

I hav etried a lot of things, too many to remeber it all.
In any case, when I can spent time on this, i wil try to delete all aura/gaming center things and do you clean install..
Let me understand, in your gaming center you see you customization layout instead of "none"?

CLICK_IMMAGINE

Giordix123 wrote:
I hav etried a lot of things, too many to remeber it all.
In any case, when I can spent time on this, i wil try to delete all aura/gaming center things and do you clean install..
Let me understand, in your gaming center you see you customization layout instead of "none"?

CLICK_IMMAGINE

I've the "None" too.
Idk why - probably it refers to some profiles for others notebook (for example the "only wasd", fps profile, and something else...idk).

Astroke67 wrote:
I've the "None" too.
Idk why - probably it refers to some profiles for others notebook (for example the "only wasd", fps profile, and something else...idk).

I don't think so, in a lot of Gaming Center image you can see that is on STATIC or on the customize settings
Here, for example, in one of the main review

kolya-54529
Level 7
Astroke67 wrote:
Hi there,
I'm Daniele from Italy and this is my first topic here.
I had some problems with the re-installation of the ROG Aura Core.

I see that on the Microsoft Store there's a lot of bad reviews on the ROG Aura Core Page - of course because it will not work without the Aura Service.

So, here is the correct instruction that worked for my GL703GE.

1) Download the .zip ( here: https://mega.nz/#!41xzHSbB!M_f1TaI96NgfxAd9Jm7erPlYTskzmAJMRr65vLdpxYc )
2) Extract the files.
3) Go in \LightingService and double-click the AuraServiceSetup.exe
4) Download the ROG Aura Core sw from Microsoft Store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/rog-aura-core/9pg5q8nsf0zc?activetab=pivot:overviewtab)
5) Restart the PC.
6) Everything should work now!
7) If you want, feel free to update it. Download the update from the official driver page https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL703/HelpDesk_Download/

(I uploaded the .zip file on mega.co.nz - if you want another host just let me know and i'll reupload it 😮 )

I hope it will help!
Bye :cool:

Нет майкросовт сторе на компьютере, можешь ли ты выложить файл из майкросовт, через облоко?

jairoromero
Level 7

muy buenas tardes espero que se encuentre bien de salud un cordial saludo paso al motivo de este escrito mi problema que he formateado la laptop asus rog gu501gm por lo cual ahora quiero instalar rog aura core pero en Microsoft store no aparece si seria de gran amabilidad de ayudarme se le agradecería 

Good afternoon, I hope you are in good health. Cordial greetings. I move on to the reason for this writing. My problem is that I have formatted the laptop Asus rog gu501gm, for which now I want to install rog aura core, but it does not appear in the Microsoft store. help me I would appreciate it