cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCT cpu usage drops to 0% for one second

Shakecip
Level 10
Hy, guys i am running for now with stock settings i have a 6700k and a motherboard asus maximus viii hero the strange thing is when i power on the first time the pc and i am running occt small data set in abot 3 minutes or 7 minutes cpu usage drops for a second to 0% or 40% and than it rises up to 100% but this thing happens once and when i am turning on the pc for the first time. Max temperature on the cores are 60 55 degrees celsius. Why is this happening? Should i be worried? The temperature and the voltages are fine, no overheating. I removed the cpu from the motherboard to see if it is any bent pins but everything is fine there.
5 REPLIES 5

Shakecip
Level 10
Can anybody help me please?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I think you should use a different software as a stress test?

Why your system dropped CPU usage down I could not answer without seeing the event logs or knowing what other process had a higher priority than the stress test.

Use the ROG Realbench stress test and see how that works out for you. I do not think you have anything to worry about my friend.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Carlyle2020
Level 10
OCCT small data set? Holy Moly !
Do you intend to run a life-support machine?

msi kombustor
aida64
cinebench
geekbench
pc mark
realbench
sisoft sandra

those i would use as a gamer and there a plenty more

prime95 you can use if the rig is mission critical

OCCT small data set is far too harsh imho

Shakecip
Level 10
Well how to explain this in a week i did get 2 times error on occt after 2 seconds of running occt and when i am trying to do the test again i get no more error and i let it about 40 minutes. But this error i get when i boot up the pc and when it enters in windows and i run occt it might be a chance that the first time to get that error. Could be a driver or something in background to interfere with occt that i get that error on the first time or could be a hardware problem.

HiVizMan
Level 40
When you explore the windows event log what does it indicate as being the cause? I would not be surprised to see driver conflict if as you say you have had a clear run since.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.