cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G703GI-XS98K, How do you pair a xbox controller to it?

Vergil
Level 7
The Asus 703GI has a Built-in Xbox Wireless Controller Module but how do you get it to pair up with a xbox controller?
I've got both a xbox 360 controller and a xbox one controller.
I can't seem to get either of them to be recognized by the laptop. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Vergil
ASUS ROG G703GI-XS98K
Unlocked Intel Core i9-8950HK processor,
Overclocked GTX 1080 8GB,
17.3 144Hz 3ms G-SYNC Display,
512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB SSHD,
32GB DDR4, Windows 10 Pro
Vergil
ROG Laptop G703GI
64GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro
&
i9 10900k
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB TUF
64GB DDR4-3600
Windows 10 Pro
&
Rog Laptop G74sx 3D
16Gb Ram
160Gb SSD + 750Gb HD
Windows 10 Pro
15 REPLIES 15

PhilG55vw
Level 9
Have you downloaded the manual from the Asus site? I don't have it handy but the sequence to pair is in there. Sorry, can't remember it right now.

xeromist
I think it's advertised as xbox one support so I'm not sure if the 360 controller will work. Like Phil said you should check the manual but I would try pressing the xbox button on the laptop and the power button on the controller to put them both in pairing mode.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MrRuckus
Level 10
Vergil wrote:
The Asus 703GI has a Built-in Xbox Wireless Controller Module but how do you get it to pair up with a xbox controller?
I've got both a xbox 360 controller and a xbox one controller.
I can't seem to get either of them to be recognized by the laptop. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Vergil
ASUS ROG G703GI-XS98K
Unlocked Intel Core i9-8950HK processor,
Overclocked GTX 1080 8GB,
17.3 144Hz 3ms G-SYNC Display,
512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB SSHD,
32GB DDR4, Windows 10 Pro

I think this is what you are looking for. I used the xbox app on the laptop, which points to this to manage controllers. An app from the Microsoft store:

Its worth nothing that when you run the app, it does say to connect an Xbox One controller to get started. Not sure if a 360 controller will work as others have stated. I myself have not tried to pair a controller yet so do not know of compatibility. Good Luck!
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

bignadad
Level 7
Did you ever figure this out?

I have an xbox one pro controller and I cannot figure out how to get my G703GI into pair mode to connect it.

The manual just says to visit this website
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/using-xbox-one-wireless-controllers-on-pc-info

but that does not tell you how to enable pairing mode on this laptop.

I have a xbox usb dongle from my last pc and it has a pair button on it. There has to be a way to initiate pair.

bignadad wrote:
Did you ever figure this out?

I have an xbox one pro controller and I cannot figure out how to get my G703GI into pair mode to connect it.

The manual just says to visit this website
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/using-xbox-one-wireless-controllers-on-pc-info

but that does not tell you how to enable pairing mode on this laptop.

I have a xbox usb dongle from my last pc and it has a pair button on it. There has to be a way to initiate pair.

i have exactly the same problem! i can pair it via blutooth but it wont work with the built in adapter!
the manual is a joke as it advises you to go to a MS-Site that has absoutely nothing to do with the notebook itself and the advised way on the MS site does not work..
for a feature that is advertised on every corner when it comes to this notebook the support is kind of non existent

davemon50
Level 11
Why not just use Bluetooth? That's what I do, works just fine. Is there an advantage to doing it another way?
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Why not just use Bluetooth? That's what I do, works just fine. Is there an advantage to doing it another way?

Yes.. Bluetooth is only recommended for one controller because of the transfer-limitations of blutooth.
i regulary use more then one controller when playing with friends also running sound through bluetooth often while doing this (which conts additional bandwith)
also one of them is older and comes without bluetooth support.

and why would i not want to use the dedicated hardware in the notebook as advertised..

just a quick update:

i got it to work by uninstalling the xbox embedded wireless driver in device manager and installing it again.

now it just works 😉

blablabla2233 wrote:
Yes.. Bluetooth is only recommended for one controller because of the transfer-limitations of blutooth.
i regulary use more then one controller when playing with friends also running sound through bluetooth often while doing this (which conts additional bandwith)
also one of them is older and comes without bluetooth support.

and why would i not want to use the dedicated hardware in the notebook as advertised..

I wouldn't have thought though that you were using two controllers instead of one. That's a good point when using two, or especially if you have no BT support. 🙂
Davemon50