cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero Memory Configuration

Sonndamo
Level 7
Hey Everyone,

Apologies if this is covered under another thread I have tried searching but have not found much relating to my configuration. I have had a heck of a time getting my new build up and running. So much so that *I have started over with a completed new configuration. The latest in my tail of woes is less extreme then the initial. I am trying to get my memory to run at the packaged speed. I have been faced with stability issues running over 2133. Does anyone have any guidance they can offer? Sincerest thanks in advance.

I have tried

• Loading the D.O.C.P Profile - system posts but windows eventually blue screens with MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
  • Manually Setting the Memory Frequency to 3000 - same as above but last a bit longer
  • Same as above but upping the voltage from Auto (1.20) to 1.35 (the tested voltage - same as above
  • Manually setting the primary timings

My System

• NZXT 500I Chassis
  • Corsair RMX750x
  • Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
  • 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3000C16D-16GTZR
  • AMD Ryzen 2700
  • Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 8GB
  • Samsung 970EVO 500GB NVME
4 REPLIES 4

gupsterg
Level 13
The RAM kit you have I reckon is Hynix A die, not ideal for Ryzen. You will probably need to go manual on setup. Use Thaiphoon Burner to check, view this video.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have four kits of those Hynix GSKill memory and they are not easy to get set up.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New here, but went through the same foolishness on my Strix x470. Upgraded from my old32GB Crucial 2400Mhz setup that I carried over from my previous Intel build to a 32GB 3200Mhz setup, I went through 4 kits to get one right.

Corsair C16 LPX kit wouldn't even POST at 3200 (returned it and didn't even bother replacing, I wanted RGB RAM), the first RGB Pro C16 kit would post but fail memtest, 2nd kit was fine. I also ordered an RGB Pro CL14 kit which gave me fits even though its B-Die - memtest would fail a run, pass a run then fail a run. Replaced the Strix with a Crosshair VII on a lark figuring, 4 kits of RAM with issues, maybe it's something else, and voila, problem solved. The CL14 kit passed 2 runs (13 hours). I have a replacement SSD coming so I'll get a clean Windows build on it and should be good to go. I'd stick with a CL14 kit, would've saved me a fair bit of time, aside from the bad Strix.

Suppose I'll RMA the Strix...I'm not swapping a motherboard for the 4th time since summer haha

I appreciate the replies I ended up returning the ram. Using Corsair RGB Vengeance 3200 now. I can only get it to 2133 stable but I am tired of messing with it. It sure is hard these days to be an AMD loyalist.