cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Prime Z390-P ok?

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Hello. Question. This motherboard will be good?

https://www.x-kom.pl/p/453987-plyta-glowna-socket-1151-asus-prime-z390-p.html I want buy with 2080 ti and 9900k. No issues?

I dont want to overprize or something. 😉
2 REPLIES 2

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Somebody said:"

I wouldn't do that either.

As efficiency will go down, and power consumption will go to the roof, especially on that i9-9900K.

Btw, a test of a bunch of the cheapest Z390 chip-set boards in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZcqw-K1drY

Actually, some people make it the wrong way.

They buying the fastest CPU and the most expensive CPU cooler, without even considering the factor motherboard.

The smartest way would be, to lower your expectations on a CPU and CPU cooler, and invest more on a proper board.

And if you want an i9-9900K, you shouldn't cheap out on the board, as the core voltage raises depending the workloads of the processor.

If you get an voltage of 1.28 on that budget Asus board medium workload if you push the processor hard, the V-core will raise, the VRMs will not keep up and the CPU cooler will not save the day either.

The V-core will drop for not damaging the system, and the i9-9900K will go down with the core speeds. (aka throttle)

You could get a cheaper CPU cooler for keeping the processor at reasonable temps, but for getting the boost clocks working at full throttle on that i9-9900K you definitely need a good board for keeping a low and steady V-core.

Otherwise, boost clocks will go down to ~4.2GHz on that processor on all cores. (that's with an non OCed i9-9900K)

If you try to OC though, your system will either throttle severely or even crash!

And that's a shame, because with the proper system configuration the i9-9900K would run with high boost clocks and that obsoletes an manual overclock as well.

That processor is a beast, and if someone makes it right, the i9-9900K will run between 4.7-5.0 GHz (depending the work load of the cores) right out of the Box."

HiVizMan
Level 40
You will not have any issues with the motherboard and the 9900K. It is not as high spec as the Maximus range that is true but it will do exactly what you want it to do out of the box and that is run your 9900K without problems 24/7.

If you plan to OC to 5.2GHz if you cpu can - then no I would get a different board for benching with.

Running day to day that board will do the job for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.