cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus VIII Hero Drivers

zsombor85
Level 7
Hello
I changed my motherboard to VIII Hero and i cant install VGA drivers as they say: "this computer does not meet minimum requirements for installing the software".
I have i7 6700K, 8gb RAM, Nvidia 1060 6gb with the latest Geforce drivers on the latest WIN 10 x64. I updated the BIOS as well.
PC is working but not so well. I can use 3D softwares like 3d Max or Zbrush but some of my games are exit to dekstop during loading and sometimes they're good.
I tried to install intel drivers but its too complicated for me.
My Xbox360 Controller also doesnt work and there are some other softwares that freeze and stop working.

What should i do?
5 REPLIES 5

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Update the bios, chipset and ime from your board. These issue is chipset and IME drivers. Install those. I check and website in that area is down.

What was the board that did you previous have?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
Update the bios, chipset and ime from your board. These issue is chipset and IME drivers. Install those. I check and website in that area is down.

What was the board that did you previous have?

it was gigabyte b150m-d3h ddr3 but i completely reinstalled everything as i bought a new SSD for Operation System.
I updated the BIOS ( and renamed it to M8HA.CAP as ASUS website recommends. ( however maybe i made something stupid as it is M8HA.CAP.CAP now..)

about chipset and ime, can you please help me? can you give me some links or at least explain me the steps?
thank you very much!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Thanks. PLease clarified if you have a ASUS HERO VIII???

If you do, pLease take a moment to download the bios again. rename the file to M8H.CAP for bios 3802.

Turn off the computer and take the stick re flash the bios. there is reflash bottom on the back and a special, label usb port to plug that is. is clear where to. press the buttom untill start blinking green and let it go and wait that stop blinking. I will go faster and faster until stop. and check again.

One that is done. since the website is down. i can recommend 2 links. These ill apply IF you are running windows 10 64bits 1803 and above and if you have HERO

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105343-DRIVERS-Intel-Chipset-Ethernet-iGPU-MEI-SATA

INSTALL ONLY!
Intel Chipset Driver (Drivers Only Package) - Last version [30/10/2018] :
----Package : 10.1.17833.8098 WHQL

Intel Management Engine Interface Consumer Driver (Drivers Only) - Last version [12/07/2018] :
----Drivers : 1828.12.0.1152 WHQL

and let see what happens.

I am asuming that you make a clean install of windows 10 64bits on you board
Learn, Play Enjoy!

thank you i will try to make the steps.
and i only have to rename it to M8H do i and i dont need " CAP" as it is a cap file to begin with right? otherwise it will be named- M8H.CAP.CAP on the pendrive

By the way i Have Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

zsombor85 wrote:
thank you i will try to make the steps.
and i only have to rename it to M8H do i and i dont need " CAP" as it is a cap file to begin with right? otherwise it will be named- M8H.CAP.CAP on the pendrive

By the way i Have Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

THanks

YOU ARE CORRECT ALPHA the file is M8HA.CAP DO not change anything and thanks to clarified that since the files name are diferent.

PLEASE USE THE LINK give you and install the IME and chipset
Learn, Play Enjoy!