Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJO R

SirBenn21
Level 7
Hi All

being having a problem lately.

I would be on the internet and doing my thing. I found that I would copy text from a page to paste in the search bar only to get the following being pasted - "C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-17--10-07-05_.dmp"

It did not matter what I copied, it would always paste "C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-17--10-07-05_.dmp"

Even if you trying to copy and paste anything with in windows it would not work because it was coping the text!

Upon further investigation on the internet I found a bunch of other people having the same problem and it seems to be a crash dump file writing itself continuously and that it was somehow related to the Realtek drivers.

Most reported that all they had to do was uninstall and reinstall the drivers to sort out the problem. For me in would work for as long as I did not restart my computer again after re-installing the drivers.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as this is staring to drive me insane.

9 REPLIES 9

SirBenn21
Level 7
UPDATE: Rolling back to the previous Realtek drivers did NOT do the trick.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I fixed this by turning off Fast Start Up under Windows Power settings. There is an issue with the Realtek driver coming out of hybrid mode.

mdzcpa wrote:
I fixed this by turning off Fast Start Up under Windows Power settings. There is an issue with the Realtek driver coming out of hybrid mode.

Thanks. This seams to have worked for me.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nice one mdzcpa
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

F$*$%^#@*$&*$*K

It's BACK!!!

C:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-22--19-04-29_.dmpC:\Users\bencr\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-

Deus_Maximus
Level 8
Disable the Nahimic service in services.msc or uninstall Sonic Studio (and possibly Sonic Radar too).

I have a thread on this topic here.

Deus Maximus wrote:
Disable the Nahimic service in services.msc or uninstall Sonic Studio (and possibly Sonic Radar too).

I have a thread on this topic here.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Nihck5
Level 7
Can confirm uninstalling sonic studio and sonic radar solves this. Issue was also causing microstutter in game every time a crash dump was being created. Reinstallation of audio drivers and sonic studio did not solve the issue.*

i fixed mine by disabling nehimic