cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on a removable drive on new pc

b_heine
Level 7
Hello everyone, Yesterday I purchased a new computer the specs are in my profile. After installing Windows 10 Pro, I noticed there was an extra drive listed in "This PC". Since the drive is called RYUO (D: ) I'm kinda leaning on that my ROG RYUO 240 Cooler has a 3.73MB storage build onto it. I took a screenshot:

I just wanna know if this is correct as I can't seem to find anything on the net that confirms it.

Thanks for your help
Bry
12 REPLIES 12

Menthol
Level 14
Not having your cooler maybe it does set aside a small drive to store your settings for the cooler. You can either leave it or delete it, then extend the C: drive so you only have one drive but it is only 3.73 MB of your 1TB drive so you may want to leave it for awhile to see if it saves anything onto it first. Does the cooler have LiveDash? Have you installed any Asus software for your cooler?

Menthol wrote:
Not having your cooler maybe it does set aside a small drive to store your settings for the cooler. You can either leave it or delete it, then extend the C: drive so you only have one drive but it is only 3.73 MB of your 1TB drive so you may want to leave it for awhile to see if it saves anything onto it first. Does the cooler have LiveDash? Have you installed any Asus software for your cooler?

Thats what I figured. The small drive was there before I installed LiveDash. I installed the RGB software and drivers for it that about it. Once again thank you for your help all.:)

Anyone know how I can change my username? I don't want my e-mail as username. I don't know how it became my username.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Think menthol has it spot on. I don't have the cooler either but what he says makes complete sense. What does it hurt to leave that tiny partition in place?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

xeromist
Only an administrator can change your username. You can try sending a PM to MasterC@ASUS
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Fedec96
Level 8
I'm in the same situation and I have the Ryujin 360.
Seeing that partition is perfectly normal and yes, you can put stuff in it without harming anything.

LeChat
Level 8
It's not a partition of the C: Drive, it's is own usb device. It's used by Livedash to put custom image on your AIO lcd.

Cheers!

L

LeChat wrote:
It's not a partition of the C: Drive, it's is own usb device. It's used by Livedash to put custom image on your AIO lcd.

Cheers!

L

This is correct. The drive is a removable mass storage drive (USB). It is part of the cooler that stores a copy of the firmware and associated livedash images and settings. Simply disable the drive under Windows Device Manager after installation. If will not affect cooler/livedash performance.

mdzcpa wrote:
This is correct. The drive is a removable mass storage drive (USB). It is part of the cooler that stores a copy of the firmware and associated livedash images and settings. Simply disable the drive under Windows Device Manager after installation. If will not affect cooler/livedash performance.

Sorry to dredge this one up, but I just got a new rig with an ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboard paired the ASUS ROG RYUO cooler. EDIT: On cold boot, Windows 10 Pro nags that it need to scan the drive and fix any errors. Then I have to go through all sorts of shenanigans to clear it from the notification area without actually running a scan or having Windows try to open file explorer. It doesn't do this on a reboot either. Other than the nag, I'm not having any issues with either the cooler's display or the Live Dash software. I can set any option I want. Can I disable the usb drive in Windows Device Manager as you suggested, still have everything work as intended and get rid of the nag too? I don't intend to upload my own images by the way.

I have both the Ryuo and Ryujin on two different machines. Both appear as drives on my machines. I've had no issues with scans or anything else. I'm a little slow to understand. You want to use the drive space for storing data?