cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lots of error codes on motherboard

Sky192
Level 7
getting errors 14,88, 4c,34,3e,45,3f,39,3a,32,40,a2,61,64,7f,4f,78,92,97,99,a2,9c

it all started, when I tried to play pubg. it crashed as I landed, tried again same thing. then all of a sudden windows got slow to un usable. I tried a fresh install, same thing. couple blue screens. I tried to reseat all the parts and got it to boot better with out all the lag.

pc will boot, it wont make it through windows update with a new install. get errors when downloading, ive had issues trying to download drivers, screen sometimes shows some tearing or discolouring.

its not my gpu, I still have issues with the 970, 2080 or intel graphics, same issues if I try to isolate any of my sd drives or try to boot on one ram. I re seated the cpu, same issues.

does one have any idea what's going on or what I should try next?

hero z390
corsair 150i
2 x 16 corsair vengeance ram
Samsung evo 2tb and 500 gb nvme
Samsung evo 2tb sata
corsair 750 w power supply
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
Those are not error codes. They are the normal BIOS codes that indicate what stage of the boot, handover and state your motherboard is in. If you look in your user manual you will see each one listed and expanded.

Could you tell me which PSU you are using, how old it is? Do you have all of the motherboard connectors fitted correctly - good idea to check especially the 12v connectors for the CPU the 8 pin ones at the top of the board.

Was your system OC before it crashed?

Remove all hardrives, or storage devices. Does you system boot to BIOS. F2 or Del during the boot up stage - what information are you seeing in your bios, temps, voltages and so on. You can take screenshots with a usb stick while in bios.

In bios reset to defaults F5 and enter.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

hx 750i, tomorrow im gonna try a psu tester and swap out the mother board. at this point im willing to buy whole new pc.

ram pass memcheck, cpu pass's intel diagnostic tool. everything bench's ok. its I cant install updates or certain programs. it fails on opening the file or install or unzipping. my browser kicks out or closes pages, I cant install any drivers for a gpu.

seems like its a memory issue but I cant pin point it. ive taken my pc apart like 3 times now. tried bios defaults and using xmp profiles on the ram.

so im gonna try a different mother board and buy a psu tester tomorrow.

I thought the power connectors at the top I might of messed up(my third build but last one was 9 years ago. but they both say cpu. and the latch is on the side with the notch. those are the 8 pin and 4 pin. everything is a month old.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers for the information.

Based on what you have just shared with me, the issue is not so much the motherboard but either your OS, or data device (hard drive) controller.

Do you have time to do a quick new OS install using a different data device?

If you still have your old PSU laying around could you swap that out, I have personally had issues with that Corsair PSU a few times. Corsair are good don't get me wrong but like I say I have had issues with two of them and stopped using them in builds as a result.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

1st try - still having issues, closest I came to getting to run was with out the gpu, windows installed, and used asus crate to install drivers. pc was running good, tried to install the 2080 but it wounldn't install any NVidia drivers. I uninstalled the drivers with ddu but it crashed. also only one core ativated

Ive tried all 3 sd drives. I just tried doing an install with the 2080 but cant update anything. windows update gets stuck again.

2nd try - ive just tried re-installing with out the gpu like the first time. but ASUS crate fails to install and windows update fails.

3rd try - I got it to load all the drivers by trying another attempt with only one core activated. no gpu installed

seems like im having driver issues. and issues with the intel onboard graphics. I been trying to get this pc going for weeks. when I built it, it fired up like nothing.

also looks like there is a defect on the back side of the mother board on the 8 pin, cpu pins that's stick out. one has a small hole, and another doesn't look the same. I might post a pic when I can.

pic of defect

Where is this located? Looks pretty normal to me

its the back side of the mobo, on the 8 pin cpu connector. it does look fine, but not clean. one has a hole at the base and another looks sunken in.

I solved the issues I been having. by loading everything with only a single core activated. once I activate all 8 cores, its almost like my cpu doesn't want to function. and has problems that resemble memory or storage issues and doesn't want to install drivers or programs.

so now I know how to get it to work. ill see what happens when I increase it and activate one more core at a time.

im thinking the CPU might be faulty which I thought was unheard of or its not getting enough power?

Overclocked, or stock clocks? If overclocked, I had issues with RAM at 4266Mhz set by XMP. I ended up manually clocking my ram to 3900Mhz, and so far it's been stable.

no cpu overclock, and ram has an xmp profile running at 3200 mhz. ram passed 4 passes of mem check. and doesn't seem to effect it if its on xmp or off.

I have it running on 6 cores and no errors but haven't tried gaming yet. no errors or crash's