cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752vy monitor brightnes 100%, FN+f5, FN+f6 not working

explode16
Level 7
My WIN10 got updated and now I cant change brightness any more. Searched on the forum and tried reinstalling ATK package, touchpad, didn't help. Tried rollback to original ASUS Nvidia drivers, didnt help. Tried the newest drivers from Nvidia didnt help. Tried a little bit older drivers from Nvidia, didn't help. Now Im using 411.63 geforce drivers. WIN10 is 10.0.17134 Build 17134. Reinstalled ATK and toucpad but no help.
Also it is intersesting that I dont have battery saver option in the Power plan selection.
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
I did notice some of the preloaded power plans went away but you can add them and customize which is what Ive always done. Can you adjust the screen brightness by right clicking on the desktop and using display settingd and dragging the slider? If yes that certainly points back to the ATK package

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

After two days of internet searching and 7 times reinstalling diferent GPU and ASUS drivers the solution was in the driver for the monitor. Link to the solution
https://visihow.com/Restore_Lost_Brightness_Control_app_in_ASUS_Laptops_After_Updating

Monitor driver in WIN should be changed to Generic PnP Monitor.

explode16 wrote:
After two days of internet searching and 7 times reinstalling diferent GPU and ASUS drivers the solution was in the driver for the monitor. Link to the solution
https://visihow.com/Restore_Lost_Brightness_Control_app_in_ASUS_Laptops_After_Updating

Monitor driver in WIN should be changed to Generic PnP Monitor.

Anyone know if this removes the GSYNC capabilities of the laptop screen? I ask because I have always had this issue with my old G752VY when switching from battery to power. All power settings are set to performance and the screen dimming is supposedly disabled. I gave my G752VY to my son with this problem and just said if he pulls the power and puts it back in, he has to reboot to get the screen back to standard brightness.

Whats strange is its basically functioning backwards. Pull the power out, Brightness stays. Plug power back in, thats when it dims. I guess I can try it and see if GSYNC still functions with a PnP Monitor driver used. I will try it and report back on GSYNC after doing this.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72