cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob overclocker - Z370-E using Ez-Tuning for i5-9600k?

Blue_Shark9
Level 7
Should I be using the Ez tuning for my i5-9600k? I've found no real good articles on what I should be doing with this CPU. I have my specs posted on my page. I've been running the "performance" mode Ez-tuning and it's running 1.3 or so volts. I'd like it to run a little bit quieter, as i'm not gaming 24/7 on my rig. If I want a moderate overclock (around 4.5-4.7ghz) that's custom will it drop temps? What voltage can I run at? Under load i'm hitting high 60c's and idle / normal use i'm sitting at 35-40c. Would I be safe to turn the fans down a bit or should I go full custom OC?
1 REPLY 1

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello there

Before I started to do any overclocking of my system I read as many guides or tutorials about overclocking. That was before these one button OC software options of course. It is better to use the BIO to overclock your system, however AI Suite is way better than it was and does a pretty good job of providing the user with nearly full access to voltage control as well as CPU frequency management.

I would start by simply resetting my bios to defaults. F5 and enter.

Then selecting XMP profile as my mode of OC.
Set Sync to all cores for the cpu
In the first box type in 47 and that will sync all the cores to 47x

Leave all else on Auto and F10 and enter.

Run RogRealBENCH twice with Coretemp and CPUz open. Keep an eye on your temps and record what voltage is being shown on the CPU.

However it really is up to you to decide how you want to go about the OC. Any of the guides from the previous two or three generations of motherboards (ASUS) will be suitable the principles and the bios settings are the same.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.