CaseIn-Win 101
    Power SupplyEVGA G2 650 80+ Gold
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Brown
    Mouse Logitech G604
    Headset Steelseries Arctis 7's
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z533
    OS Windows 10 (of course)

Noob overclocker - Z370-E using Ez-Tuning for i5-9600k?

Should I be using the Ez tuning for my i5-9600k? I've found no real good articles on what I should be doing with this CPU. I have my specs posted on my page. I've been running the "performance" mode Ez-tuning and it's running 1.3 or so volts. I'd like it to run a little bit quieter, as i'm not gaming 24/7 on my rig. If I want a moderate overclock (around 4.5-4.7ghz) that's custom will it drop temps? What voltage can I run at? Under load i'm hitting high 60c's and idle / normal use i'm sitting at 35-40c. Would I be safe to turn the fans down a bit or should I go full custom OC?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Hello there

Before I started to do any overclocking of my system I read as many guides or tutorials about overclocking. That was before these one button OC software options of course. It is better to use the BIO to overclock your system, however AI Suite is way better than it was and does a pretty good job of providing the user with nearly full access to voltage control as well as CPU frequency management.

I would start by simply resetting my bios to defaults. F5 and enter.

Then selecting XMP profile as my mode of OC.
    Set Sync to all cores for the cpu
    In the first box type in 47 and that will sync all the cores to 47x

Leave all else on Auto and F10 and enter.

Run RogRealBENCH twice with Coretemp and CPUz open. Keep an eye on your temps and record what voltage is being shown on the CPU.

However it really is up to you to decide how you want to go about the OC. Any of the guides from the previous two or three generations of motherboards (ASUS) will be suitable the principles and the bios settings are the same.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.