CaseCoolermaster Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyCorsair ax 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro
    Headset Astro A50 Gaming Wireless
    Mouse Pad corsair massive
    OS Win 10 x64 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC-3200

my ram is also Hynix F4--3200-c16 8GTZR x4 32GB im running xmp settings without XMP enabled and its solid. just set your ram to 3200 and your timings to 16-18-18-18-38-58-1T. boost RAM voltage to 1.40v default for XMP is 1.35 but the Hynix likes more volts and you should be good to go. If it doesnt train and boot increase the 58 timing to 75 that helped me with training and then I was able to lower it

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Nice , not in any way detracting value from your share, but the C6E has an advantage with ASUS T-Topology in this context.

I drool over that board, so tempted to get one but just keep thinking now the C7H is basically C6E without some things...
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SaLSouL PC Specs
    SaLSouL PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)trident RGB CL16 3200mhz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Sound CardAstro A50 Wireless
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4k UHD Monitor
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro raid 0
    Storage #2WD Black 1tb Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    OS Win 10 x64 pro

I bought the C6H first and found that the PCH chip was running hot all the time with 2 980ti plugged in, mid 60-75c (idle) I bought the C6E and now the PCH is around 50c under full load.

c6H was very problematic with RAM, C6e A bit fiddly but got there in the end.

gupsterg PC Specs
    Processori5 4690K
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #2HGST 2TB

I think too much emphasis is given on PCH temperature TBH. Besides what Raja has posted here in a thread, below quote from The Stilt's C7H review:-

The chipset itself is equipped with its very moderate heat output with a large alumina or rather a plate. The cooler itself is clearly designed for purely aesthetics and functionality, but this is quite secondary because the AMD X370 and X470 chipsets work without problems even without the cooling element.
    Google translated source link.

I recently was looking at an ITX AM4 board, you should see how i) small the PCH HS is ii) how it may have restricted airflow, etc. I believe this owner has his on an open bench/case situation, had shockingly decent results on ITX mobo.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger

ROG Junior Member Array LordDelacroix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naojirou View Post
    Yeah I am on 1002 and currently reinstalling windows. Will just reinstall everything and the data i have is pretty much more important.

About ram, I tried clocking but all ram clock attempts failed (incl docp) so running default preset. Since I couldnt even get the system running stable on default, ditched all oc attempts.

The thing with the ram, does that mean ill have difficulty overall with oc'ing? Should I consider a switch? And if so, what should i keep an eye on?
    Having built literally thousands of PC's over the years, since 1986, one thing I have noticed is that AMD chipsets and such seems to be very finicky with the RAM. Make double sure your RAM is AMD Certified and on the ASUS QVL!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SaLSouL PC Specs
    SaLSouL PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)trident RGB CL16 3200mhz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Sound CardAstro A50 Wireless
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4k UHD Monitor
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro raid 0
    Storage #2WD Black 1tb Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    OS Win 10 x64 pro

Quote Originally Posted by LordDelacroix View Post
    Having built literally thousands of PC's over the years, since 1986, one thing I have noticed is that AMD chipsets and such seems to be very finicky with the RAM. Make double sure your RAM is AMD Certified and on the ASUS QVL!

i have to disagree , AMD certified just mean they can charge more for the ram, my ram is not QVL and it is recommended for me to only run 1 dimm per channel at 3200mhz. I run 2 dimms per channel @ 3200Mhz and 32gb, 2 different sets of 16gb same batch though

I had problems at first, but got on top of it quickly

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Baio73 PC Specs
    Baio73 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula BIOS 3402
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3900XT
    Memory (part number)2x8 Corsair 4000C19D
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire RX 5700XT
    MonitorLG 34GK950F
    Storage #1Samsung 980PRO 512Gb NVMe
    Storage #2WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Elite Capellix
    CaseLian Li 011D XL
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Logitech G513
    Mouse Logitech G903 + Powerplay
    Headset G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM 700 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G560
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterLynksys EA6500
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro
    Accessory #2 10xCorsair QL120 RGB fan

If the OP feels static charge, the first thing I'd is build all the PC out of the case and see if it solves.
    Secondly, I'd try 2 RAM per time.

Baio

ROG Member Array

There a lot of people with this issue. I my self have posted on these forums regarding this very exact issue and never got a response. I did happen to find others with the same issue on AMD Reddit thou. It has nothing to do with RAM, PSU etc. I highly doubt it has anything to do with software either. Reason I say this is because I have RMA'ed my 2700x, used two different sets of RAM, one set of Samsung B-die and one set of Hynix (MFR), fresh Win10 install fully ptached with no other software installed, tried Corsair 850 gold and a Seasonic 750 and it still happens. The only thing I have found in common with others is REV 1 boards vs REV 2. It appears REV 1's have this issue while the REV 2's do not. It is also almost like Clock work I am finding also. It appears to always be around the same time it happens. I can go to sleep around midnight and wake up at 7 am and it will be off and unable to turn back on with out fully discharging the PSU first (Example turning the power switch off on the PSU and waiting for the board to discharge its caps). If you actually watch it when it does it is a hard cold instant off also, no BSOD or anything. It will just hard cut off like you flipped a switch. The people I have talked to (AMD Reddit) so far said the only fix was RMA'ing the board. It sucks but I might be with the OP and just change board out for god help me Gigabyte >.>

gupsterg PC Specs
    Processori5 4690K
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #2HGST 2TB

Quote Originally Posted by SaLSouL View Post
    i have to disagree , AMD certified just mean they can charge more for the ram, my ram is not QVL and it is recommended for me to only run 1 dimm per channel at 3200mhz. I run 2 dimms per channel @ 3200Mhz and 32gb, 2 different sets of 16gb same batch though

I had problems at first, but got on top of it quickly
    +1, been using G.Skill Trident Z / Ripjaw V with C6H/C7H/ZE without issues, for some of those boards those kits are not even on QVL.

On the other end I've seen people buy everything to QVL and have issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Rinzlerz View Post
    There a lot of people with this issue. I my self have posted on these forums regarding this very exact issue and never got a response. I did happen to find others with the same issue on AMD Reddit thou. It has nothing to do with RAM, PSU etc. I highly doubt it has anything to do with software either. Reason I say this is because I have RMA'ed my 2700x, used two different sets of RAM, one set of Samsung B-die and one set of Hynix (MFR), fresh Win10 install fully ptached with no other software installed, tried Corsair 850 gold and a Seasonic 750 and it still happens. The only thing I have found in common with others is REV 1 boards vs REV 2. It appears REV 1's have this issue while the REV 2's do not. It is also almost like Clock work I am finding also. It appears to always be around the same time it happens. I can go to sleep around midnight and wake up at 7 am and it will be off and unable to turn back on with out fully discharging the PSU first (Example turning the power switch off on the PSU and waiting for the board to discharge its caps). If you actually watch it when it does it is a hard cold instant off also, no BSOD or anything. It will just hard cut off like you flipped a switch. The people I have talked to (AMD Reddit) so far said the only fix was RMA'ing the board. It sucks but I might be with the OP and just change board out for god help me Gigabyte >.>
    There is only one revision of C7H I have seen.

I have seen this "paranoia" within highly active C6H threads on other forums, again only one retail revision in circulation.

The revision can be clearly seen by silk screen printing near PCI-E slot where is says CROSSHAIR VII HERO, mine is v1.02.

You may also wanna read the read threads where users of Gigabyte change mobos as unhappy with UEFI, etc, etc...
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    +1, been using G.Skill Trident Z / Ripjaw V with C6H/C7H/ZE without issues, for some of those boards those kits are not even on QVL.

On the other end I've seen people buy everything to QVL and have issues...

There is only one revision of C7H I have seen.

I have seen this "paranoia" within highly active C6H threads on other forums, again only one retail revision in circulation.

The revision can be clearly seen by silk screen printing near PCI-E slot where is says CROSSHAIR VII HERO, mine is v1.02.

You may also wanna read the read threads where users of Gigabyte change mobos as unhappy with UEFI, etc, etc...
    Can you confirm that ? The reason I ask is because someone posted a screen shot showing REV 2.01 from WMIC. I would not say it is paranoia either if others are posting the same issue. I have almost always used Asus products and that is why I made that face regarding Gigabyte.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast