cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Formula Aquantia 5gbit LAN ISSUE

MRBULL
Level 10
Connection keeps Randomly disconnect, to fix it i need to use the Diagnostic as seen on the screen shots.. when i switch to the other Gbit lan i have no issue.
21 REPLIES 21

MRBULL
Level 10
i've changed to the normal Gbit lan for now because i kept getting disconnected every 5 min , waiting for a fix

MRBULL wrote:
i've changed to the normal Gbit lan for now because i kept getting disconnected every 5 min , waiting for a fix

Yes same issue
disable / enable is the only way it works or do the diagnostic works for a bit then dies again

MRBULL wrote:
Yes same issue
disable / enable is the only way it works or do the diagnostic works for a bit then dies again

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
I've been using the 5G LAN on the Formula XI without issue thus far, can you confirm if the issue persists at complete UEFI default settings?

Need to know whether you're overclocking the system.

Can you please also confirm

1. What device NIC is plugged into

2. What cable you are using
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Need to know whether you're overclocking the system.

Can you please also confirm

1. What device NIC is plugged into

2. What cable you are using

I was overclocking i9 9900k to 5ghz , Im doing it now without any OC / reset bios to default , i will report soon
using HomeHub 3000 From Bell Aliant Fiber optic isp modem ,(https://support.bell.ca/Internet/Products/Home-Hub-3000-modem)
CAT 6 cable runs to my Trendnet switch then to my Aquantina

all cables are cat 6
everything works good if i use the Intel lan

I had to Edit this post, no overclock and it disconnected again ,,,,

MRBULL wrote:
I was overclocking i9 9900k to 5ghz , Im doing it now without any OC / reset bios to default , i will report soon
using HomeHub 3000 From Bell Aliant Fiber optic isp modem ,(https://support.bell.ca/Internet/Products/Home-Hub-3000-modem)
CAT 6 cable runs to my Trendnet switch then to my Aquantina

all cables are cat 6
everything works good if i use the Intel lan

I had to Edit this post, no overclock and it disconnected again ,,,,

ritech wrote:
This problem is not caused by overclock
ASROCK Fatal1ty Pro Gaming x370 Issue with Aquantia 5G (AQC107 AQC108) , same issue
I think this is the problem of aquantia ,AQC111C same issue

Thanks for confirming.

i had problems to connecting games ,teamspeak and discord etc with aquantina i just disabled tcp/udp checksum offload (ipv4) all works after that ,but i dont know if intel is still better than this.. Its just feels i hit better in fps games with intel..

I am having the same issue with the asus maxixmus extreme. The ethernet internet connection keep disappearing and I get connected to internet via wifi.

It seems that there is problem with the card. The way it start workingagain, is itf I switch my cable from one to the other ethernet port....

the problem is that after a while , ethernet connections stops working again

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I've been using the 5G LAN on the Formula XI without issue thus far, can you confirm if the issue persists at complete UEFI default settings?

ritech
Level 7
my m11e have same problem , Multi-threaded and large traffic download, it will be disconnected soon, you must disable the network card and then enable it to recover.
i tried driver 2.1.5.0 and 2.1.9.0 , same problem.
maybe aqc111c is usb to eth chip, 219v is pcie , 219v work good now.